• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Pros/cons

97grsport

Reaction score
City, State
carmel,indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 4x4 sport
Hey guys still new to explorers and I was pondering what shocks to throw on.I'm thinkin RANCHO5000's just curious about what other X's thought about them. I drive 70 miles back & forth to work so I need something fairly smooth,but I like to get dirty evry once and a while.Basicly would those suit my mods and still ride some what comfy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

go with some bilsteins instead.

I have Rancho RS5000's and I love them. They are a great buy, I got mine at Summit Racing for ~$38 Each. I forgot how much Bilestien's were there, I think ~$55 Ea? But they would definately be the best buy. If you do little off roading, I would say just get the Rancho's and save the extra cash. If cash isnt a concern, Bilestiens all the way, though they will be a little harsher on road then the Ranchos (That I've heard)...

I went all out and purchased the Rancho9000s. A month later I bought the in cab control of ebay. I am very happy with this setup. I can adjust the ride in less than 5 seconds to any driving conditions. With the shocks set at 9 my X corners better than a lot of cars and the ride punds the hell out of you. With it set to 1 it rides like a lincon towncar. I cannot vouch for other shocks but I can say that I am very happy with the ranchos. Plus they come with all the hardware you need to install them (which is uncommon now and days). Oh and a free sticker.

someone tell me how they got that little red boot over the end ove that shock ive pulled and tugged but i dont want to rip it

Back