Rancho Shocks

BTRs X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Maysville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer XL 4x4
Has anyone used the Rancho RS5000 or RS9000 shocks? Did you notice a great imporvement? Do you like them? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you've got the money, the only way is 9000's! I love them so much. I can adjust them to ride like a Honda or an F250. When I turn them down off road, I flex twice as much as my buddy with Nitro's. I have heard good things about Pro Comp's new MX6 shocks, (six way vs. Rancho 5 way) and cheaper too!

I love my 9000's too. I have had a few problems with air leaking out but it's fixed easy enough. It's great if you disconnect your rear sway bar and if your towing anything you can adjust them to your liking.

clark91Jo: When your off road on rocks etc. what do you set your shocks at? Stiff (5) or soft (1)? thanks.

I thought the pro comps were more expensive, like $90 compared to $75 for 9000s. I'm looking at these 2 or Bilsteins this summer.

I set mine between 3-4 for road in front and 2-4 in rear depending on the load I'm carying. I set them at 1 for rock crawling to let the spring do all the work. I also removed the rear sway-bar all together , it really flex's now.

Back