Raybestos Stage-1 clutches finally available... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Raybestos Stage-1 clutches finally available...

ecoboost_xsport

Mad Scientist
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orangevale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Well, well, well. Looks like Raybestos Powertrain snuck one in on us. After we thought this project was dead, it randomly showed up as being available with little to no fanfare. I (or anyone else on the wait list) never even got word from my contact at with them, lol. Gotta give credit to @SemperTim from the SHO Forum for keying me into their actual availability.

Many of you may not know but this was a true grass roots effort by myself and a group of dedicated enthusiasts from the SHO and this very forum. It was a bumpy road and almost 3 years in the making, but they are finally available!

Below is the marketing video that Raybestos made for the 6F55 Stage 1 plates that has footage from many of the big names in transverse ecoboost realm...see if you recognize any of the cars!

Go over to PATC to get yours now! Below are some additional links for those that want to see the work that went into getting these to market. Honestly, I think this is proof that if we get together, we can get something done for the platform. Thanks to the folks over at Raybestos Powertrain for listening. These will be going in shortly!

Help me try to get a performance part made for our platform...

Raybestos...update and Call to Action, Let's Do This Again...

And for those that might be looking for even more support and potentially even better clutch plates, follow the journey that @802SHO is on and the partnership he's developed with Helix Autosport. It looks like that set of clutches will be truly amazing when they are released. Follow the journey on the SHO Forum here:

Helix AutoSport (UK) stepping up to manufacture upgraded clutches

20230712_154539.jpg

20230712_154550.jpg

20230712_154837.jpg

20230712_154843.jpg

20230712_154850.jpg

20230712_154854.jpg

It's always good to hear that the aftermarket is supporting the platform.

My greatest wish is for someone to come out with a "real" shifter for the '20+ so I can ditch the damn knob. I have disliked those since they were first introduced and vowed to never purchase a vehicle with one. Yet here I am. ;)

Thanks for your work on getting Raybestos to finally make these. Did you get them installed yet? How do you like them? Did you buy the expensive installer tools or make your own to re-install the pistons? This is a great video on the breakdown of the trans.

Back