Rear Emblem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Emblem

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We use a pic (dentists tool) with a hook on it. Gently work your way around the emblem pulling it away from the surface without touching the paint. Take your time and be patient. The "Explorer" emblem is taped on. I believe the blue oval Ford emblem will leave holes.

Good luck!

It seems to me that this would be a better question to ask in the Body? Detailing forum.

I don't mean to be crass or rude, but I am excited to have John V. have his own forum where we can ask about the great products he distributes. I hate to see the guy get overwhelmed by all of the many things that are easily available with the search feature.

To the thread starter I apologize for not answering your question, I don't know the answer.

If I am out of line I apologize, but Rick did originally post the following.

"You may use this forum to ask John V. from Explorer Express questions about Explorer performance, handling and lowering. You can also ask for information about any of Explorer Express's parts or project trucks."

I'm pretty sure the stick on emblems didnt start till 98. The previous years will have holes behind them.

For your '96, they both will leave holes. You will have no choice but to fill those holes and get the whole hatch repainted. There is just no other way.

Attachments

• Explorer XLT Emblem 8.3.3.jpg
    Explorer XLT Emblem 8.3.3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Ford Emblem 8.3.3.jpg
    Ford Emblem 8.3.3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 224

all the explorer embelems are double sided taped on...the 97 and lower just had holes behind the emblem to assist in alignment of it. The ford emblem is the same way up to 97...

Back