Rear Spoiler Removal Help | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Spoiler Removal Help

I removed the spoiler yesterday to fix something and put it back on without any issues. Please find some pictures below. Hopefully it will help you guys to get it removed without damaging something. Remove the plastic tail on the inside (with the clips) to get a hold of the 5 screw to remove the spoiler. There are some clips as well but with a little bit of pulling they flip out very easy.

Let me know if you have questions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks a lot! finally:)

and just to be sure I understood the 1st step. The liftgate moulding is this part, correct? coz it seems very hard to remove them.
20130122_145632_zps644dd754.jpg

if anyone here going to tackle this, could I request if you could take photos or a video demo would be awesome. Thanks thanks thanks:)

Start on one side and pull it out and make your way to the other side... it's very hard to pull it out but the clips and the plastic is very strong so you wont damage it.

I removed the spoiler yesterday to fix something and put it back on without any issues. Please find some pictures below. Hopefully it will help you guys to get it removed without damaging something. Remove the plastic tail on the inside (with the clips) to get a hold of the 5 screw to remove the spoiler. There are some clips as well but with a little bit of pulling they flip out very easy.

Let me know if you have questions.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I do not see any pictures. Just a box with an 'X' in it and the word IMG beside it. The easiest way to post pictures is to take out a $20 Elite membership and then you can post directly from your computer/device. Or you can use a 3rd party site like Photobucket but they are not saved on our servers and tend to disappear after a period of time.

Peter

Di
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I do not see any pictures. Just a box with an 'X' in it and the word IMG beside it. The easiest way to post pictures is to take out a $20 Elite membership and then you can post directly from your computer/device. Or you can use a 3rd party site like Photobucket but they are not saved on our servers and tend to disappear after a period of time.

Peter

Didn't now that but thank you for the information.

Here is the link to the pics:

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/atmosfair10/library/?sort=3&page=1

What is that little piece just to the passenger side of the brake light on the underside of the spoiler? Some sort of detector to tell if the gate is open?

ExpShade.jpeg

That is your washer nozzle.:)

Peter

D'uh. Can you tell I'm a new owner? :)
If it makes you feel any better, someone else asked the same question before.;)

I wouldn't recommend that mod due to the fact that it would mess with the brake light.

Ok, so having some trouble as to where to start to remove the 3rd brake light. Does the whole spoiler have to come off or can I just work on pulling the rear panel and access it from there?

Ok, so having some trouble as to where to start to remove the 3rd brake light. Does the whole spoiler have to come off or can I just work on pulling the rear panel and access it from there?
Have you gone through the thread? There are some instructions/pictures near the beginning.

Peter

Have you gone through the thread? There are some instructions/pictures near the beginning.

Peter

I have, but my question is can the 3rd be pulled by itself or does the spoiler have to be pulled as well? Look at a parts fiche I can't see anywhere that it's bolted in (not to say that it isn't) so I'm hoping it could be pulled by itself.

I have, but my question is can the 3rd be pulled by itself or does the spoiler have to be pulled as well? Look at a parts fiche I can't see anywhere that it's bolted in (not to say that it isn't) so I'm hoping it could be pulled by itself.

You have to screw off the whole spoiler to remove the light since there are some screws from the inside you have to remove.

You have to screw off the whole spoiler to remove the light since there are some screws from the inside you have to remove.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I'll probably tackle that next week.

Hi All,

I am planning on painting my rear spoilers if that is what its called (haha) and since it would be a lot easier to do it if its removed from the car I would like to ask anyone who knows how to do this or has done it before and it would be great if you could teach me how.

I saw that there are 4 unusual looking screws on the back of the lift gate... Are These all I need to unscrew to remove the spoiler?

Here is what Im talking about.

20130122_145604_zps01033754.jpg

20130122_145632_zps709e23a4.jpg

Why don't you just vinyl wrap it? Forgive me if someone already suggested that.

Back