Rear sway bar end links | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear sway bar end links

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
The bushings in my rear sway bar end links are showing wear and I want to replace them with poly bushings; actually I want to replace the entire end link.

Where can I find replacements?

Thanks in advance ....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man, if I thought any one had that info, it'd be you! Maybe ExplorerXpress? Are they still around? Good luck man.

I have extra end-links sitting in a box (nowhere near new, sorry), but I have no idea where I got them. I'll see if I can dig up the receipt, but they may have been thrown in with something else.

I know Energy Suspension makes the whole front end-links and bushings for the rear, but not the entire end-link AFAIK. Like nearly everyone else, I got the fronts from Summit. I'll try to find out about the rears.

Why would you want new endlinks?

IAmTodd said:
Why would you want new endlinks?

To quote from my first post ....

The bushings in my rear sway bar end links are showing wear and I want to replace them with poly bushings; actually I want to replace the entire end link

I found the receipt. Mine were from the dealer at an only slightly reaming $19.43 each. If I went to the dealer for them, chances are nobody but Ford makes the exact same thing, though I would think the amount of travel in the swaybar arc would allow plenty of alternate options.

Personally, I'd just get the bushings from Summit (they say they carry them). I'm not sure what good replacing the whole thing does unless the bolt threads are getting stripped from constantly connecting and disconnecting as mine were.

There are no aftermarket bushings for the rear endlink. If you want to replace them, they're gonna have to be stock.

Ritsui said:
I found the receipt. Mine were from the dealer at an only slightly reaming $19.43 each. If I went to the dealer for them, chances are nobody but Ford makes the exact same thing, though I would think the amount of travel in the swaybar arc would allow plenty of alternate options.

Personally, I'd just get the bushings from Summit (they say they carry them). I'm not sure what good replacing the whole thing does unless the bolt threads are getting stripped from constantly connecting and disconnecting as mine were.

Thanks for the info.

I just got a quote from Torrie for part number YL2Z5K484AA at $18.45 each. I bet these stock Ford links come with rubber bushings; I want poly.

I think I will pull one of mine and see if I can find bushings.

Mine has never been disconnected except when I added the EE bar yeares ago.

Hartman said:
There are no aftermarket bushings for the rear endlink. If you want to replace them, they're gonna have to be stock.
Are you sure? Energy Suspension says they make them and they are listed at Summit (back order):
ENS-4-5169R

"Bushing, Rear Sway Bar/End Link Set, Ford 1997-01, 13mm, Red"
Or maybe this one of those "always on back order" items?

Maybe the picture isn't the exact item, but the description says state vehicle and front or rear when ordering ( diffrent part number for each application is listed)
Maybe it is a ripoff
Just passing info, think I'll check em out and let you know
They also sell control arm bushings, and leaf spring bushings

I put Energy Suspension bushings on both the front and rear of my car. They are the red poly ones you can buy for $10 a set at Autozone or Pepboys or around $17 for the link set. (If by end link you are referring to the bolt, nut, and respective washers. ) For the car, the center section was too long so I took a grinder to the spacer and made it shorter.

I love them. Best $40 spent on a car. Makes it the best handleing car Ive owned. It was better in every way than the Miata I had with the exception of having no top. Im going to put them on the Explorer too.

dreamr said:
Subscribing to see if aftermarket goodies will show up. I have been looking for a long time to replace one of my bent rear links. I could buy a ford part, but I don't want one....

Yeah
surely someone has figured how to at least press in a better bushing-poly would be ok i guess lol

Back