• Register Today It's free!

Rearend Sag on a Sporty

Murph_NH

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport
Any ideas to get rid of the rearend sag on the 02 Sports? I was either hoping to put in a lowering kit for just the front end, but then I do need to keep the rearend up when towing. Airshocks are a possibility but I'd hate to end up with a stiff ride even without the added air. Maybe both? Anyone out there solved this problem? Seems the rearend sag is a feature of the model. ;)

TIA... Murph

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might be able to use some 4dr leaf springs (not sure how much different the new sport springs are). The other two options are either add-a-leaf and/or lift shackles. The AAL will cause more of a stiff ride than the other two options, but it will also give you the most lift. :)

does that year sport have a monoleaf?

jimabena74 said:
does that year sport have a monoleaf?

Believe so. Supposed to be the year of the IRS. And I'm not talking the taxing version either. lol!

The '02 Sports still have a solid rear axle. And you will have to look and see if you have a mono-leaf pack back there, but I beleive they are full packs on the '02.

Robb said:
The '02 Sports still have a solid rear axle. And you will have to look and see if you have a mono-leaf pack back there, but I beleive they are full packs on the '02.

Ya, sure does. Just crawled up under it and saw the leafs. Guess it was the 4drs with the new IRS.

Anyways, I could go the add-a-leaf, but I'm concerned about ruining the ride. Compared to my old '94, this thing rides sweet.

an add a leaf will help out greatly when towing.....

i recently put an add a leaf on my toyota.. the same part used for the explroers and love it... it tightened the rear end up a good deal, and i like that.... where it really shines though, is when i load it down... which is a lot now, as i am getting more involved at work as a roofer and putting sound gear in it for the band... i normally take the drums and the lights

An add-a-leaf shouldn't kill the ride too much. Maybe a little stiffer.

-Drew

Back