Red tint the yellow on tail lights... what color would it end up? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Red tint the yellow on tail lights... what color would it end up?

Red tint the yellow on tail lights... what color it end up? (PICS!!)

If I put red tint on the yellow part of the stock tail lights (1995), would it end up looking red or yellow when the bulb was illuminated?

Anyone know of any places that sell the tail lights with the turning part red?

or with the turning part clear?

I'm going for Expo 5.0's look (gotta love his ex).

Thanks,
Patrick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

again..

Attachments

• picture015.jpg
    picture015.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 307

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got a front shot...

Attachments

• picture016.jpg
    picture016.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 301

tilt your monitor sideways.... that is really the easiest way to see it, I swear.

Attachments

• picture017.jpg
    picture017.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 297

stop whoring your truck:D

Tails look good

Originally posted by hydroxy
got a front shot...

A streeter with Off Road lights... :rolleyes:

Dude those brackets are GHETTO! ;)

stop whoring your truck

Thats how Hydroxy operates... first his truck, then himself...

you know it. can you even see the brackets on that picture? =P This sunday - or so - I wanna meet up w/ you and try out your brackets.

why would you not want to wet sand and then put a coat of couple of coats of clear over everything, then wet sand again to get perfect shine?

Could you give a full step by step over view on how to tint my tail lights of my 1995 Eddie Bauer?

There is a "sticky" thread Smoked Tail Light Tint at the top of the Performance Lighting forum that may help.
Let us know if you have any questions after reading it.
Good tinting......

for a glossy shine on the tails that will stay, spray a few coats of clear. i did it with my old accord and it lasted the 3yrs i had it and didnt fade..

do not sand it or you will be looking for new tail lights

Why, if you know how to wetsand and what grits to use you can make it look like glass...

Not on an explorer but on my camaro i first painted the amber section red, then night shaded it. Started at 600 grit wetsand all the way up to 2000 then polished it with a buffer, it looks like glass and matches the other sections.

I own a first gen so i got lucky and have not had to paint anything, though i may be doing a light coat of nightshades soon.

Back