replaced engine assembly and wiring harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replaced engine assembly and wiring harness

Mikeorci

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Limited 4.0
2006 4.0 explorer --runs so bad it is not driveable. I did the timing front and rear before installing and took it down after at lease one time and checked timing again with the special tools. Second time engine assembly replaced first one lasted a couple years, debris in oil pan clogged screen so that is why I am having to do it again. Anyone know of a plan to follow to find out why it wont run right?

Vacuum? Positive the plug wires are in the correct order? They aren’t intuitive in how they sit on the coil pack.

Vacuum? Positive the plug wires are in the correct order? They aren’t intuitive in how they sit on the coil pack.
One of the first things I checked, i know the intuitive would have the 5 and 6 switch places on the coil pack.....

As far a vacuum goes, I mad a diy smoke machine and forced low pressure smoke into the intake with my compressor. No obvious vacuum leaks. Thanks for your help. Any comprehensive published pinpoint check like thing you know of I can follow?

Back