Replacement Body Mount Bushings?

gavin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer XLT AWD 5.0L
So I checked on the Energy Suspension website for replacement body mount bushings... they have nothing listed for the 2nd gen Explorers.
But on atleast one website, they show the same bushing kit for both 1st and 2nd gen Explorers.
Do they use the same kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe they do, but you can search body lift threads for the exact answer, the replacement mounts come as part of the BL kit.

I replaced all my old worn rubber mounts with a Duff urethane kit, WOW what a difference, Guess after 275K miles they get a little bit worn, in fact half of them were really loose :)

the body mounts should be the same... the body is very similar from the 1st and second gens...

410Fortune said:
I believe they do, but you can search body lift threads for the exact answer, the replacement mounts come as part of the BL kit.

I replaced all my old worn rubber mounts with a Duff urethane kit, WOW what a difference, Guess after 275K miles they get a little bit worn, in fact half of them were really loose :)

The PA kits don't come with new bushings... just the blocks.. already got the b/l installed... and of course, NOW I figure I should replace the bushings :rolleyes:

Back