replacing carpet | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replacing carpet

I work in a transmission shop so my shoes get pretty nasty and because of this the carpet in my 97 ram is shot. I am wanting to replace my carpet with a rubber or vinyle (spelling?) floor mat and get rid of the carpet completely. Does anyone know of a material I can use to make my own new floor covering or should I shop around for a company that has them priced reasonably?. This is my daily driver so I dont want to use bedliner or anything on the floor.

What if you put a thick coating of bedliner on top of the carpet? Thick enough that all you can see is bedliner and it looks like a vinyl-rubber-bedliner looking floor.

any place that sells carpet kits should also sell the vinyl floor kit.
A molded kit will fit 10000000 times better then trying to cut the material yourself.

yeah I was thinking about getting a molded one so it fits better. That or does anyone know of a miracle carpet cleaner that will get out deep set in tranny fluid and axle grease stains? I have already tried all kinds of spot carpet cleaner and a carpet shampoo machine with no luck.

I highly doubt it, unless you take the carpet out and have it cleaned by a pro.

sounds to me like you need some Husky liners, during the winter months they keep our cars carpets look like new underneath.

Back