Ronin's 3rd Gen rock slider build thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ronin's 3rd Gen rock slider build thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great! :thumbsup: I bet that BL will make it really easy to get those on.

Wow, those turned out quite nice! So i guess fabbing a front winch bumper is next eh... ;-)

DONE!

Thanks all for the comments and those who answered all my questions. Yes Mike, a winch mount brush guard is the next project...I feel like I need a vacation for a bit after doing these things though, lol.

Anyway no surprises with fitment which was good. They feel really solid. As in, when you jump on them the whole truck moves and the sliders don't flex at all. I need to loosen and realign the driver's side one a bit to get it just right (in the pic it is a little low on the front end and slightly too far forward) but I just wanted to get them on the truck at least.

I need show a pic of one side jacked up with one of the sliders bearing the weight of the truck...will post that tomorrow. Also, will post lots more pics and close ups of where the brackets are on the frame and what not. For now, here's a couple of quick snapshots:

FD10BB89-orig.jpg

F9F34516-orig.jpg

F5D61CDE-orig.jpg

Yep I'm going to re-affirm...those turned out wicked good!

Yep I'm going to re-affirm...those turned out wicked good!

No joke those things look GREAT!! I bet your neighbor across the street is jealous ;)

Finally did the weight test:

488E41E2-orig.jpg

My jack was maxing out and starting to tip over, but the back tire was just lifting clear in the pic. Point is, the welds held and there was maybe only a 1/4" of flex in the sliders. That doesnt seem bad to me. I will take a frw more of the undersides later when it isn't so blasted hot outside.

snapped a few pics of the underside to show the frame brackets and legs:

Passenger side rear and a bit of the passenger side center:

7486AEC7-orig.jpg

Passenger side center and front:

20523AE6-orig.jpg

Driver's side center and rear:

CDFFDC69-orig.jpg

Driver's side center and front:

CAF48CE1-orig.jpg

I'm going to put the fuel tank skid plate back on, but I have to cut a couple of notches in it to let it sit flush with the frame since the brackets are in the way a bit.

I guess that's pretty much it for this build. Thanks again for all the help and comments!

iNCREDIBLE build!!!! Those came out Great!!!!

How Bad? Everyone Ok?

Sorry to Hear on the truck and very Happy to hear everyone okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man good job on the sliders .what happen to the truck?

Back