• Register Today It's free!

SAS lift/question

ForTiLLiaN

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Im looking at doing one of 2 things. Either lifting my 92 5.5in. or doing a SAS with leafs. I was reading through a post with all the pictures of lifted X's, and someone asked how much this other person lifted their x. The reply was, i dont know, i have a SAS, and then listed a few other things. My question is, how much does a SAS lift the front, and whats the best way to componsate in the rear? Thanks

It all varies, depends on what kind of springs/suspension you're going to use. If you're considering doing an sas there are alot of factors to consider so you better start studying up on everything you need to do.

It'll be different for everyone. Mine equalled about 5-6", but I used coils

Solid axle swap lift is usually dependent on tire size. Generally you want to have as little lift as possible to fit the desired tire size. The spring over conversion in the rear will add a minimum lift of 5.5-inches. Addditional rear lift can be attained by reversing the existing springs, new springs, or blocks. I agree with the above statement state studing if you are serious about a SAS. It is the best suspension modification. However it is the most expensive and complicated.

Back