SAS with ABS? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SAS with ABS?

Does anybody have any ideas for retaining the front ABS sensors when doing a D30 swap? I have a high pinion, non disconnect axle from a mid 90s xj and am trying to figure out how I can keep the ABS working as this is a DD in ND that sees a lot of ice and it would just be handy.

Sent from my modded Galaxy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bumpin this, hopefully someone has made some progress

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im planning this same swap in the next month or so and also want to keep my abs. i confirmed today that a ranger wheel bearing unit will bolt to a dana 30 steering knuckle. the dana 30 stub axle also has the correct spline and length to fit the ranger wheel bearing. the only thing i am unsure of is if the bearing will be sealed and held together properly by the jeep stub axle and end nut. i will look at this tomorrow.

so as of now i plan on using a jeep tj dana 30 with ranger wheel bearing and abs sensor with the factory tj brakes.

as i go along with more progress im going to see if i can use the ranger caliper, pads and rotors because of the dual piston design compared to the jeep single piston. it would involve building a custom caliper mount though.

another idea i also have is to have a custom stub axle built to accept the pre 2000 ranger wheel bearing so that i could run the rugged ridge manual hubs.

here is a pic of my steering knuckles modified. the top one is the factory tj dana 30 knuckle. the bottomone is the modified knuckle to accept the ranger brake setup.

this picture is the completed unit. in summary I am using jeep tj dana 30 knuckle along with ford ranger wheel bearing unit, brake caliper, pads and rotors. You can also see the ford ranger abs sensor bolted to the wheel bearing.

also seen in this picture is the reverse drilled tie rod hole for my chevy 1 ton high steer conversion

^^^ Is it just me? I can't see the photos; it's says they're moved or deleted.

edit: I just realized the last post was over a year ago, not a couple months ago. 2014 =! 2015

sorry about that guys.

Back