Scott B's 2006 Ranger FX4 Level II | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scott B's 2006 Ranger FX4 Level II

...:shifty_ey ...Has someone been busy painting the inside of his truck...:scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No - the Level II is black from the factory. It is where I got the idea to change the other one to black...

32 inch tires

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the truck with 32s...

Attachments

• 32s - 2 small.JPG
    32s - 2 small.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 41,090

..:eek:...Now that's sexy...:biggthump

Stock tires are 31" on that truck, right?

Looks very nice, either way. It looks like 33's wouldn't be too much of a stretch, either.

My buddy has an '04 FX4 Level II and every time I see it I just drool. They are awesome rangers. And very capable in stock form.

Stock tires are 31" on that truck, right?

Looks very nice, either way. It looks like 33's wouldn't be too much of a stretch, either.

Yes, stock tires are 31".

I think 33x12.50s would rub when turning. 33x11.50 (285 75-16) would probably fit better.

Great looking rig!!

Sweet truck man! I really like the way the new rangers look.

Thanks you guys.

I have some more mods I hope to post this weekend.

Carpet and Sound Deadening

I decided to upgrade the floor covering in the truck from a vinyl mat to automotive carpeting. Since I had to gut the interior to install the carpet, I added sound deadening material to the floor. (I will add it to the doors and roof when I get a chance.)

The carpet and floor mats I purchased from Auto Custom Carpets in Alabama (www.accmats.com) Great products and great customer service! I chose a dark gray (Agate) for the carpet color to lighten up the interior just a little bit. I thought all black might be a little too much. As it turns out, I think it's a great color combo. And I had to get the Ranger logos on the floor mats in red to match the seats!

The sound deadening matting came from RAAMaudio (www.raamaudio.com). Shopping for this stuff, you find a lot of different prices and claims. To me, this product appeared to be an upper-end product (maybe not the best, but up there) for a reasonable price (not the least expensive, but far from the most expensive.) So far, I like it. Easy to install, and it works!

The following pictures will show each step of the progression, from the left and right sides.

The before shots...

Attachments

• Mat - left small.JPG
    Mat - left small.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 6,740
  • Mat - right small.JPG
    Mat - right small.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 6,737
  • Mat - no seat - lf small.JPG
    Mat - no seat - lf small.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 6,684
  • Mat - no seat - rt small.JPG
    Mat - no seat - rt small.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 6,699

During...

Attachments

• Sound deadening - rt small.JPG
    Sound deadening - rt small.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 6,419
  • Sound deadening 2 - lf small.JPG
    Sound deadening 2 - lf small.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 6,464
  • Empty - rt small.JPG
    Empty - rt small.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 6,511
  • Empty - lf small.JPG
    Empty - lf small.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 6,632

Looking better...

Attachments

• Carpet - rt small.JPG
    Carpet - rt small.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 6,258
  • Carpet - lf small.JPG
    Carpet - lf small.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 6,329
  • Carpet & mat small.JPG
    Carpet & mat small.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 6,370

The result...

Attachments

• Finished - lf small.JPG
    Finished - lf small.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 6,242
  • Finished - rt small.JPG
    Finished - rt small.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 6,189
  • Console 1 small.JPG
    Console 1 small.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 6,100

what does level II mean. it may have been answered but im not sure. I am also curious to learn what stage 1 and stage 2 and stage 3 mean? Call me stupid but it is a honest question lol

New Grille and Hood Struts

I never liked the grille that came on this truck. Mid-year in 2006, Ford introduced the STX model, and it had a much nicer looking grille. (Ford has since used the nicer one on XLTs.)

Seeing how the front of the body is designed/assembled, I saw how easy it would be to replace the grille. Simply unscrew the one on the truck, put the new one in its place.

I ordered one from Torrie (Fast Parts Network,) and had the trim ring painted - nothing to it.

While I was in there, I installed the pressurized hood struts I picked up off eBay. I was a little leary about drilling holes, but the convenience is great. I need to get a set for my other truck.

The following pictures show the progression...

Attachments

• Grill before 2 small.JPG
    Grill before 2 small.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 6,137
  • No grill 2 small.JPG
    No grill 2 small.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 6,322
  • New grill 2 small.JPG
    New grill 2 small.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 6,077
  • Grill after 2 small.JPG
    Grill after 2 small.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 6,048

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And a new picture...

Attachments

• FX4 - 7-5-09 2 small.JPG
    FX4 - 7-5-09 2 small.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 14,166

Back