For Sale - Second Gen explorer front winch bumper | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Second Gen explorer front winch bumper

I am selling a kit form winch bumper for the second gen explorer. It bolts to the factory frame mounts that get some reinforcements added. You will need to provide the mounting hardware which is grade 8 bolts. You will also need to provide a 34.5" long piece of 2 inch square tube. This is a weld together kit. If ordered between now and April 5 it will be $250 shipped in the USA. After that I will have to see what steel prices are but it will be more.

What you get:

20180326_141843 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

What will show up at your house:

20180326_163336 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

What the end product looks like:

20180214_135442 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

For more info see this thread.

Building a winch bumper for our 01 Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine just showed up today!

Bumper-kit-in-boxes.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I am selling a kit form winch bumper for the second gen explorer. It bolts to the factory frame mounts that get some reinforcements added. You will need to provide the mounting hardware which is grade 8 bolts. You will also need to provide a 34.5" long piece of 2 inch square tube. This is a weld together kit. If ordered between now and April 5 it will be $250 shipped in the USA. After that I will have to see what steel prices are but it will be more.

What you get:

27189237538_88aea78eef_b.jpg
20180326_141843 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

What will show up at your house:

27189237598_aaff9d6267_b.jpg
20180326_163336 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

What the end product looks like:

39386007175_514bd59554_b.jpg
20180214_135442 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

For more info see this thread.

Building a winch bumper for our 01 Explorer.
I’m interested in purchasing one of Your kits for my 99 Explorer Xlt, are they still available? Thank You in advance, Mike

Just placed my order! :) Im stoked!

Bumper looks great! Matt (guy who welded for me) said he's already got a guy interested in one. I sent him a link to this thread, so expect to hear from him.

20210508_170129.jpg

Ready to pull the trigger on one myself, Mathew, just let me know how You will need from me to complete the transaction. Thank You in advance.

Are these kits still available?

I haven't been able to figure out a reasonable way to ship a fully built bumper. The online quotes I get put the shipping at $275 to $350. I use the sizes 70x30x20 with a weight of 100 pounds. Shipping is from 93722 if you want to see what you can find. Unwelded I can ship everything but the tube and bolts for $28.
Are you still selling this bumper? Is there a way to contact you. I can’t seem to get register. Stupid Google ads cover the submit buttob

close to a year after buying matts original bumper- its doing great!!!!!! love the bumper! thanks again matt!

What's the price for these now, if you're still selling them? I can't imagine the price of steel being the same as it was a few yrs ago :p

Back