• Register Today It's free!

Shackles?

lilbeefy

Reaction score
City, State
maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt, 2004 xlt
heres a dumb question? What is meant by shackles, I understand the torsion technique and add a leaf, but Shackles? are they easier to install than add a leafs or should I say is the process easier? thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me move this into the proper section for you where it will get more attention. Have you tried searching yet? We've got tons of info.

Shackles are what your leaf springs on your rear axle connect to the frame with.. Look to the rear of your truck, you will see two sets of leaf springs on either side of the axle that come back to the frame.. The metal piece that connects the frame to your leaf spring is the shackle.. Some people install aftermarket lift shackles to reduce rear end sag or to lift it.. Some people also add a set of AAL (add a leaf) to the rear leaf spring pack to gain lift.

Shackles are what your leaf springs on your rear axle connect to the frame with.. Look to the rear of your truck, you will see two sets of leaf springs on either side of the axle that come back to the frame.. The metal piece that connects the frame to your leaf spring is the shackle.. Some people install aftermarket lift shackles to reduce rear end sag or to lift it.. Some people also add a set of AAL (add a leaf) to the rear leaf spring pack to gain lift.

thanks for the info, kinda figured that just wasnt sure bout the terminology,.

Let me move this into the proper section for you where it will get more attention. Have you tried searching yet? We've got tons of info.

Sorry, new to the site still figuring everything out, thank you for your help.

Back