• Register Today It's free!

Shift Motor Wires

old fart

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Someone stole my shift motor from my 92 XLT and cut the entire harness while removing it. I was able to get a spare harness and a motor from a wrecker but there are three wires that need to be plugged into the main connector but I do not know where they go? The available locations are the center pin and two on the top. From what I can figure, the brown wire goes in the center. Any ideas on the other two (from the speed sensor)?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You owe me!

If you would have searched you could have found this.

Dead Link Removed

I did find that in the search... If you would have read that site you would have seen that it does not mention wire color or location. Just a diagram of pin numbers was the closest thing that even came close...

I have a shop manual at home. Will get back to you tonight with the pin numbers/locations.

Just so I am not all bad

Viewing from the back (wire side) of the motor connector. Orient the plug so the mounting tab is on the bottom. Going clockwise from the top most connector.

OR/WH
YEL/WH
ORANGE MOTOR
YELLOW MOTOR
GREEN SPD SENSOR
BLUE SPD SENSOR
PURPLE
WHITE
BLK/WH

CENTER BROWN CLUTCH

Opera is correct with the layout of the connector wires. The speed sensor wires ( light green and light blue) are pin # 4 & 5 in the harness connector. The light green wire goes next to the yellow wire and the light blue wire will be next to the purple/yellow wire.
Brown wire from the magnetic clutch coil is the centre pin on the harness connector.

Success! Thanks!

Thanks all... its in and working. That helped alot!

Now if only I can find a way to ensure no one steals it again.

try building a skid plate to keep those theives out or maybe use different bolts like torx or security torx. But man thats wierd.

Skid plate! thats an awsome idea!

Yeah I could believe it. I assumed that it just stopped working. Then I climb underneath to remove it and this is what I see...
Mail0036.JPG

Picture's not working... But wow, I never thought someone would actually steal a shift motor!

Back