Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp

Nah only like an hr and a half. I really wanted to wait longer but it was the only 2 days the Jeep guy would have off for a long time. Made a camping trip out of it.

We were barely able to fit both of the trucks up there and mine was flexed way out in the back and lean in real heavy but it stayed up there.

063add90.jpg

Sweet.man i wish i lived that close,i would be up there running all those trails every weekend!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha now that I know about something tells me I'll be up there a lot now. Oh and there was no way we woulda fit your ex and my trac on that rock It took forever maneuvering just with the short jeep there.

Haha now that I know about something tells me I'll be up there a lot now. Oh and there was no way we woulda fit your ex and my trac on that rock It took forever maneuvering just with the short jeep there.

Check out stoney run,its a nice trail and close by also

Stoney run... gotcha thanks

I would love fat tires offroad, but the x is my dd and I drive 42 miles to work and almost 100 to school... gas mileage is VERY important. So I don't want to go real fat, 10" is about my limit on width.

I would love fat tires offroad, but the x is my dd and I drive 42 miles to work and almost 100 to school... gas mileage is VERY important. So I don't want to go real fat, 10" is about my limit on width.

Width is not really where you lose mpg its height. What gears do you have and what mpg do you get now? If you regear your be back to stock,4.10 gears are easy to get for cheap,either way your all ready larger than stock and losing mpg.if i remember you have 30" tires now so spending all that money to go to a 31" and only gaining a 1/2 is totally not worth it,they will be exactly that same size as you have now.also you can all ways do thing to increase your mpg like efan and underdrive pullies

Width increases rolling resistance, height makes the gear ratio "taller". I've got 3:73, so a little taller might help. Getting about 20 mpg right now, kinda waves around from 18 to 21. I don't want to deal with an underdrive pully and keeping the alt/waterpump spinning fast enough, and the efan isn't worth the trouble. Clutch is pretty reliable. I've been thinking of doing something to reduce the vacuum on the back (mostly drive around 60 to 70 mph) but otherwise I'm not to concerned about more mods for gas mileage. Already got muffler, RAM cold air intake, minor intake porting, full syn oil, "ported" maf, zip tie mod, and tps sensor moved to .86 volts. Maybe more I forgot?
Might regear to 4:10 when its no longer my dd and becomes a stadium truck :)

what about Metric to Standard Result:
255/85/15 = 32.1x10/15

i would stick with the 3.73s. a 32x11.5 should be fine. yes its wider but its really not an issue. the bigger the tire, the heavier it is(unless its made to be light/heavier on purpose), which makes it harder to turn. and the more lift you have to expose the tire to the wind more creates resistance. you wont regret getting that size. it would feel a little more stable i guess, wider tread patch. it doubt it would alter your mpg very much.

and for example, bfg a/t's are 31.7" tall. get something thats a true 32 or one that cheats you a little bit.

Width increases rolling resistance, height makes the gear ratio "taller". I've got 3:73, so a little taller might help. Getting about 20 mpg right now, kinda waves around from 18 to 21. I don't want to deal with an underdrive pully and keeping the alt/waterpump spinning fast enough, and the efan isn't worth the trouble. Clutch is pretty reliable. I've been thinking of doing something to reduce the vacuum on the back (mostly drive around 60 to 70 mph) but otherwise I'm not to concerned about more mods for gas mileage. Already got muffler, RAM cold air intake, minor intake porting, full syn oil, "ported" maf, zip tie mod, and tps sensor moved to .86 volts. Maybe more I forgot?
Might regear to 4:10 when its no longer my dd and becomes a stadium truck :)

what about Metric to Standard Result:
255/85/15 = 32.1x10/15

Well sounds like your set in your mind what you want.but if you wanna hear facts ill tell you.starters you would never see or tell you have a UDP as far as the water pump,i guarantee that and a simple $20 pulley from ebay will solve the low votls at idle.a UDP can gain you 2-4 mpg and a efan is totally worth it,it also can gain you mpg and hp witch equals mpg!! I ran that setup for years and know for a fact they helped.also i guarantee if you increase your with only an inch you wont see a drop at all in mpg.also if you regear to 4.10 you would probably see a increase in mpg even with 32x11 or whatever the metric equivalent. Just for a reference i got 22mpg with my 36x14.50 and still got 14.5mpg in the mountains. Thats better than you and my tires are twice your size.if i was you i would just buy two 33x12.50 tires and only put them on the back when wheeling and keep the tires you have for dd.

I know the underdrive pulley would help, but it's expensive and that's not something I wanna mess with. Overheated the tranny in the mountains (dogging it on the curvy roads) but the engine holds a nice consistant temp. I'll probably do the efan when this one dies, but that'll be a long way away. BTW, got around 24-25 on the trip. Still beat ya :p and that's including the mountains. Had 22 when I filled up all the way after leaving, so that was offroading, driving there, and driving home some.
I want taller tires for the looks, higher ground clearance (you noticed that would help :D ), make my ratio taller. I don't like going 70 and seeing the tach at 2,400 :'( when I only make $7.55 an hour.

Anyways, I gotta do something about the rubbing. It rubbed the tubberware with stock tires, 32's might rub pretty bad

WTH I got like 15mpg.

As for the rubbing you could zip tie the inner fender wells closer to the frame.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/bar/3057708400.html

I should just trade the x for this and I'd be set :D hahahahhaha

I don't think they'd move any closer? Its small spots that randomly jump down, idk what the #### is behind them though. Haven't investigated yet.
You got big fat tires, and no motor mods. I'm slightly modded with stockish tires, JD's engine is BUILT

I know the underdrive pulley would help, but it's expensive and that's not something I wanna mess with. Overheated the tranny in the mountains (dogging it on the curvy roads) but the engine holds a nice consistant temp. I'll probably do the efan when this one dies, but that'll be a long way away. BTW, got around 24-25 on the trip. Still beat ya :p and that's including the mountains. Had 22 when I filled up all the way after leaving, so that was offroading, driving there, and driving home some.
I want taller tires for the looks, higher ground clearance (you noticed that would help :D ), make my ratio taller. I don't like going 70 and seeing the tach at 2,400 :'( when I only make $7.55 an hour.

Anyways, I gotta do something about the rubbing. It rubbed the tubberware with stock tires, 32's might rub pretty bad

I find that very very hard to belive even being 2wd.but this is all off topic so end of discussion

What's hard to believe? Txt me if ya want

WTH I got like 15mpg.

As for the rubbing you could zip tie the inner fender wells closer to the frame.

I thought you had 4.10 gears? Says 3.73bs in your signature. You need to regear for those 35s,your loosing alot.15 mpg is good for not having the right gears and in the mountains

What's hard to believe? Txt me if ya want

Thats you get 25mpg or that you got 22 in the mountains including wheeling.people dont even get 20+ going down hill in a ohv even being 2wd

It's all about how you drive, it aint stock neither (just looks mostly stock). I know I get incredible gas mileage for what it is, but remember I've put 70,000 miles on it. And I drive my mom's civic hybrid semi often, which helps with driving habits because it has an instant gas mileage thing and average. I can always up my mom's average up a couple mpg. Last time I drove it to school, she had averaged 43 over 2,000 miles or so. I drove it 100 miles and bumped it up to 48. Believe me or not, I've got a lot of practice squeezing miles out of gas.
Only time I "waste" gas is with my gf or offroading/towing. I get like 15 or 16 pulling the trailer because Im more worried about safety/and the trucks life then getting 2 or 3 more mpg. 1 thing that always works, keep it under 70 mph. And coast as much as humanly possible.

BTW, mom admitted I'm the gas mileage master of that last time :D

Haha yeah I know I'm a little heavy on the pedal but I've gotten a lot better. I've also got 4.10 gears which makes a huge difference since most of my driving is highway. I was only getting 17 stock though:/ Oh well its a truck and isn't meant to get good gas mileage.

May not be meant for good gas mileage but that doesn't mean you can't try.

BTW, guess I blew a shock out there, been having a funny noise over bumps and the front end is not liking bumps at all. So I jumped on the bumper and it sounds like the passenger side front shock took a dump... guess I'm replacing those 5,000s sooner than I wanted to

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you going to post up your pics Will??!!

Back