GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeaaaa WELL I'm bringing my tow rig,trailer, explorer, motorcycle and my camper!!!!:mattmoon::mattmoon::crazy:

LOL nawww ill be lucky if my bicycle even is ready!!! Lol:banghead::banghead:

You bit the bullet i see

Meat , sounds like you went ahead and let EDD buy you a full size..... did the ranger go to trade? I will have to come by the office and see the new rig.

As to a fall mud fling at camp spike..... I am up for it if you guys are. I am thinking that weekend of October 19th would be good in that peak fall colors should be sometime around then. If not that weekend then how about November 2 weekend? We can make it a Halloween party in the woods.Anyway, you guys figure out a date and let me know wheat shakes out. There is a mud bog a little ways down the road on the 19th weekend as well, ( www.haislipfarms.com ) or I can try and get permission to get on the other club site around schuyler.

I was wondering if we should start a new thread???? I am not well versed in the forum etiquette, but it seems like this one is getting long. You guys decide what should be done.

fall mud fling

greetings all,

a couple follow up points

Parking... house is mostly finished now and frankly there is not much in the way of parking on the house side. my vehicles basically fill it up. We can park tow rigs at the end of the road and along the road. if necessary we might be able to leave trailers on the meadow up the road if I haven't sold it by then.

Camps- I will have areas cleaned up to park/camp on the trail side of the road just a few feet from the house. (no utilities)

Dates- you guys can discuss whatever dates you want and I will see what I can do. I am still leaning towards 10/19 or 11/2 as being good dates. When you push further into November you start getting into hunting seasons. I like to be mindful of the other users of the national forest and try not to encroach on their time. Just something to think about... obviously does not affect the camp site.

Entrance to peavine?-Did anyone save the coordinates of the trail head? I only found that by dumb luck when I led the trip last time. I messed up my GPS and may have erased everything we did. Obviously we didn't go home the way we came... so I still and not confident that I can find it efficiently next time.

Trail rides- I definitely want to do either peavine or stony run again if possible.

Yea, I pulled the trigger on a 2013 F 150. It is really nice, but realy big. I've lived in apartments that arn't that big.

I like the dates that fishfood has stated. I like stony run. Peavine is a good trail if vehicles are mostly stock.

Halloween Mudfling dates set

greetings all

mudfling dates are set for the weekend of 11/1 through 11/3. hopefully there will still be some fall color by then

I will have camp /parking spots cleaned up and available on north side of Riverbreeze within range of electrical outlets, although if you want electricity plan on bringing your own cord (100' foot or so).

As usual we will provide food etc on Saturday night most likely pulled pork barbeque, but I am toying with the idea of Brunswick stew (Seasonal thing).

hot showers will be in the woods I will see about getting some sort of screen by then.

power washer will be set up along road (to clean those bearings/brakes).

toilet and sink in the basement.

keep me posted on how many are coming.

Back