Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp

So how did it go? Pics? JD climbing up slickrock while pulling a wheelie maybe? :D

well let me start by saving a BIG thank you to fishfood and his wife:salute::D:Dwe couldnt have asked for better weather or time really.fishfoods trails where pretty dry this time so they where alot easier,i didnt even have time to run them tho.shoe creek was freaking awesome !!!!we was out there all day and still didnt have enough time to wheel everything.we did hit ALOT of stuff though.i dont think we found slick rock or if its the one we did find then NO WAY was i going to try and go up that.that thing was a straight slick wall,i would have flipped right over backwards if i or anyone tried it.i did climb so pretty big ****,Will has some pics that i think he will post sometime.my truck did amazing:D:Dnever locked both the front hubs even on big ****.the power difference it has is crazy.you could watch the boost gauge and with the same amount of gas,when the engine would become loaded down it would go from a vac and start producing boost and pull right up it,even on the mountains roads i left it in OD and it would just start boosting and pull up it.i got around 22mpg to Richmond and average a 14.5mpg in the mountains.besides the YETTI MONSTER
trying to kill me,I HAD A FREAKN BLAST:D:D:D:D:D

ok some pics and vid
at fishfoods at the river
2012-06-15175029.jpg

4194EA7B-7A3E-488A-A846-3C8B79AFF4D4.jpg

5C8C162C-D189-4881-A2AE-754D2B530403.jpg

2012-06-16150904.jpg
:D hahah
listen to the end to what Will says and then watch the next vid,Listen to that MONSTER truck in the background lol ;)

and one of Collin,2wd.he did really good and never got stuck.he clicked the ebrake 2 clicks and tried it again and went right up it,my vid was still on pause when i was trying to rec it:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Double jd. A big thanks to fishfood and his wife for letting us stay there and use the trails. It was a great weekend. Heres a couple other pics from the trip.

f5c0b81d.jpg

812b19fc.jpg

7cf83513.jpg

Double jd. A big thanks to fishfood and his wife for letting us stay there and use the trails. It was a great weekend. Heres a couple other pics from the trip.

f5c0b81d.jpg

812b19fc.jpg

7cf83513.jpg

Man i luv that first pic of your truck,looks sick.you should send it to ford so they can use it for advertisement!lol;)

Haha yeah "how the should come from the factory"

If only we both coulda crawled that rock at the same time. Woulda been a sick picture

Haha yeah "how the should come from the factory"

If only we both coulda crawled that rock at the same time. Woulda been a sick picture

O hell yea...would have been tight but i all ready rubbed that tree trying to get up the hard side .as i said im not a fan of the sport tract but yours is SICK!!;)

pretty sure jd's DOG(not jd himself :p) climbed it. just not sure if its slick rock in the pic or not lol

You missed it,slide into a tree trying to get up on that rock.hit my driverside back door,then was stuck on it and rubbed all down that side.didnt mess up that much just that one door;)

and i use the term crawl loosely. thanks man. It can finally turn some heads

You missed it,slide into a tree trying to get up on that rock.hit my driverside back door,then was stuck on it and rubbed all down that side.didnt mess up that much just that one door;)
glad it wasnt me this time lolol

Thanks for the vid! I'm so proud of my little 2wd :D go figure I finally got some sleep in a parking garage in charlette. Couldn't sleep worth a **** till after I left :( still had lots of fun, thanks again fishfood for letting us use your property and thanks for the vid JD :thumbsup:

Thanks for the vid! I'm so proud of my little 2wd :D go figure I finally got some sleep in a parking garage in charlette. Couldn't sleep worth a **** till after I left :( still had lots of fun, thanks again fishfood for letting us use your property and thanks for the vid JD :thumbsup:

Yea you did really good,alot of stuff i didnt think you would be able to get through but did.wish i got you getting up that hill but my dumb ass had it still on pause!lol

Haha it's ok, we all know it made it up and my girlfriend believes me. So that's good enough. Just imagine if I had 32" mt's and a real locker! :) I gotta start saving up

Haha it's ok, we all know it made it up and my girlfriend believes me. So that's good enough. Just imagine if I had 32" mt's and a real locker! :) I gotta start saving up

Hell yea.i would throw a cheap 3" body lift on and throw some 32x11.50 and a aussie locker in it,your be good to go cheap;)

Idk about the body lift :D and I'm thinking 235/85r16 instead. Oh, and an oxford locker. I like the idea of a manual locker with a limited slip :) worth the extra $ imho

Metric to Standard Result: Metric to Standard Result:
265/75/16 = 31.6x10.4/16
235/85/16 = 31.7x9.3/16

Idk which I want yet

Idk about the body lift :D and I'm thinking 235/85r16 instead. Oh, and an oxford locker. I like the idea of a manual locker with a limited slip :) worth the extra $ imho

Metric to Standard Result: Metric to Standard Result:
265/75/16 = 31.6x10.4/16
235/85/16 = 31.7x9.3/16

Idk which I want yet

Definitely go with the wider tread width. You wouldn't believe the extra grip you'd get.

JD - the videos are sick. I wish you could tell how steep stuff is with camera phones oh well.

I went back yesterday with some friends including the one with the wrangler. It rained Sunday night so the trail was real wet which made it a lot trickier. Also that giant campsite was put to good use and finally got a bonfire going. It's a good thing we didn't go past those moguls where the 3 trails split. Both of us had to turn around because of the ridiculous rocks. But we did find slick rock. So slick you couldn't even walk on it.

Definitely go with the wider tread width. You wouldn't believe the extra grip you'd get.

Honestly neither one of those tires are worth going to from what he has now,why i suggested the 32x11. He would gain much needed height and width,but he will need some sort of lift either a body lift or shackles/spacers to clear them

JD - the videos are sick. I wish you could tell how steep stuff is with camera phones oh well.

I went back yesterday with some friends including the one with the wrangler. It rained Sunday night so the trail was real wet which made it a lot trickier. Also that giant campsite was put to good use and finally got a bonfire going. It's a good thing we didn't go past those moguls where the 3 trails split. Both of us had to turn around because of the ridiculous rocks. But we did find slick rock. So slick you couldn't even walk on it.

Yea i know you cant really tell from the vid!!man i would have liked to see those,next trip;)

32s would be much better. And he could twist the torsion bars 3" since its only 2wd. Plus the shackles it wouldn't be much in the way of cost. That and a locker you'd be golden

32s would be much better. And he could twist the torsion bars 3" since its only 2wd. Plus the shackles it wouldn't be much in the way of cost. That and a locker you'd be golden

I keep forgetting hes 2nd gen.yea a tt and shackles will be cheap and clear the 32s.that and a locker will be like night and day.you must not live far away to drive out there again:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nah only like an hr and a half. I really wanted to wait longer but it was the only 2 days the Jeep guy would have off for a long time. Made a camping trip out of it.

We were barely able to fit both of the trucks up there and mine was flexed way out in the back and lean in real heavy but it stayed up there.

063add90.jpg

Back