• Register Today It's free!

should I lower on all terrains.

conig

Reaction score
City, State
tallahassee fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 v8 xlt.
Subject kind of sums it up. I have been cleaning up/ redoing some things on my 96 5.0 and would like to lower it some. However I have All terrains white wall out(yuck) stock size and can;t decide if this will look cheesy if I drop it some. (some what off road tire and lowered ride) im thinking no more then 2 inches in the back and what it takes to get the front level maybe racked a tad to the front(one inch at most)

I have some 255-50-17 tires in my shed I will eventually use when I wear the BFG all terrains out that are on my truck as of present.

I tried to make a poll but couldn;t figure it out. So far this truck is coming along hopefully Ill have my billet grille this week.

here is what ya need to know.

i have a 97 5.0 awd, i already took the bolts out of the torsion adjusters, that gave me about 2.5 inches. and i did the 2inch blocks in the rear. with the ass sag the X's have it actully leveled out. i run on stock rims with 235/75/r15's ( stock ) Bridgestone dualler II. looks fine, i think it would look ok. word of advice buy drop shocks for the frontend. u will blow yours out. the rear is fine because your blocking it your not shorting the travel of the shock. so it will proform as intended. have fun it realy isnt that hard. and im sure the all terains will look fine. and my white letters are out, i actully like it. and i wouldnt put that other set on, will probally rub sumwhere. so i would just go with 20's later, makes it look the best. talk to you later and good luck!!!!

Thanks man, the 255-50-17 seems to be smaller then what everyone else has been running. I was going to go with Cobra's if I do it.

Do you have any pics of your ride? I would like to check it out.

i have no pics. but its about time i do. ill take some over the weekend of it. and send them to you. i just ordered 2 inch drop springs, and aftermarket adjusters for the torsion bars. should be 4 inch rear drop. and 4.5 front drop.

Back