Side window glue-on bracket to glass broke | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side window glue-on bracket to glass broke

wesalexleft

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mountaineer V8 4.6L
I was replacing the passenger front regulator on my 1997 mountaineer, and all was going great until I tightened the bolt to the glass to the upper horizontal arm of the regulator. As I tightened the bolt that holds the glass to the regulator on the rear-most tab to the window, the weld broke that holds the tab (with the bolt hole) to the channel part which the glass gets glued into. Is this a part that can be ordered, or is this a generic part that auto glass people have hundreds of? I'm five minutes away from putting it back together when this thing broke. I've looked online, and haven't found the part.
To be clear, the regulator is fine, and so is the glass. It's the small black metal bracket that is glued to the glass which broke, closest to the door handle end of the door.

Thanks,

Anyone in the Auto Glass industry know if these are easily available at shops? If so, I'll go to the nearest auto glass shop and ask to buy one. It's either that, or get the two halves of mine re-welded as a last resort. I'd have to take it somewhere...I wish i had a small welder.

Back