Skidplate,lower link mounts, trans mount all in one. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Skidplate,lower link mounts, trans mount all in one.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
My current setup s a mix and match that was never thought out and was never really finished. Here is what I currently have. If you look between the skid plate and the lower link mount you will see where I came down on something and bent the bottom of the frame up.

Untitled by dresselhausfc, on Flickr

Here is a view from the front. The trans mount was a last minute "temp fix" that has been that way to long.

Untitled by dresselhausfc, on Flickr

Here is my current thought. It replaces my lower link mounts then makes it flat all the way to the back of the transfercase. I have it designed all out of 3/16" plate. I have a few changes to make still. I need to do a few measurements but might be able to shorten it all 1" to get a bt more ground clearance.

tcase and link skidplate and mounts 3d by dresselhausfc, on Flickr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good!:thumbsup: So you'll build the skeleton and then skin it? What is the current height at the belly now?

That looks great, but if you live somewhere they use salt you may want to add some drain holes. The skeleton as it was called earlier looks like it will trap an inch of mud/salt brine in each square.

Back