Slade Park Virginia Off Road Park?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Slade Park Virginia Off Road Park??

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Yesterday when the fourm was down I was surfing on the 4x4trails.net site. I did a search for Virginia and found that Slades Park in Suffy Virginia is open to the public as an off road vehicle park. Does any body have any info? I tried to do a search (yahoo) but did not get much good info.

If in fact this place is open to the public we have got to have and Explorer run. It is in between Va. Beach and Richmond. We are bound to be able to get together some explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is right across from the Surry Nuclear Power Plant, near Williamsburg, Va. They have had concerts there and it has a sand drag strip that they sometime race motorcycles, I have been there years ago. I never heard that it was offroad park. I am going to check with some people who live down that way and see if they know anything about it.

Cool...I have friends in VA Beach & family in Newport News...I'll see if I can find anything out...

Josh said that it is open, but there are a lot motorcycles on the weekends.

unclemeat said:
Josh said that it is open, but there are a lot motorcycles on the weekends.

We're bigger :D

so what's up with all of this? i'm down if anyone else wants to go. just need to fix my brakes first. let's do some offroading, i have the itch

I think it would make a nice day trip, close to home and civilization.

Hell I'll make the trip down to VA for a run.. Hell I practically live in Northern VA now since thats where I work right now.

I don't know if its open or not. I heard it was though. Last time I was out there, it was mainly mud up to your headlights in spots. There is a nasty hole down by the power lines so if you go out there, beware. I have seen very large trucks realy stuck.

So was it worth ten bucks?

Back