• Register Today It's free!

sluggish

foxy

Reaction score
City, State
lobethal south australia australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
9/99xlt ur
Some one may have an idea but I'm not sure what is happening . My girl coughs and splutters when under load at low rev's in 3rd or 4th . No code comes up but as soon as I give her a bit of throttle she drops a gear, rev's a little higher and she runs fine. Is there a problem that I'm missing Cheers. Barry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine has been doin this forever.. :( only it happens under light throttle in any gear..

....Hey Foxy...:D

....Have you changed the fuel filter lately and cleaned your MAF???

Whoops , Sorry guys I should have replied sooner been a bit slack that's all . Some people have suggested fuel and others electrical . She hasn't thrown any codes so that's a no go .I'm getting her checked out this Wed .Don also says its fuel and or pressure .She has been getting worse even back firing through the inlet manifold and missing when at low revs and high gear My apologies Cheers Barry

Hi people, Just a note I have had my truck to my local dealer and it has come back that my fuel system is okay as to why she is missing under load it seems cylinders 123 are dropping out . They suspect and it is suspect it is the coil now here's the bad bit they want 930.00AU for a genuine Ford and 440.00AU for non genuine. Since they no longer import EX's here it is even hard to get a throttle cable Any thought's Cheers Foxy

Honestly, I would try to sell it or scrap it and get something cheap and easy to get parts for.

Try Contacting Kbabiak On Here For A Good Used One...:dunno:
Posted via Mobile Device

Mate I love my Explorer it's one of a kind

Back