Smoked tail lights and custom made 3rd light (Pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Smoked tail lights and custom made 3rd light (Pics)

1994-Xplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT Eddie Bauer
Let me know what you think.

This is before any tinting
159749.jpg

and after a few coats of smoke spray paint
159748.jpg

(tint is darker than in pics)
then a night picture
159744.jpg

Then i took out the 3rd brake light, put on some stickers and made
it say Ford. Then i used the spray on it.
159747.jpg

Took off the stickers and there it was
159746.jpg

Night all lit up!
159745.jpg

This is at 8pm in my driveway with the new 32x11.50 pro comp mud terrains and warrior shakles!
All that needs to be done is the body lift and coil spacers (waiting for a nice warm day).

here she is
159743.jpg

Im happy with it
What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where do you get the smoke spray at? I have been trying to find it.

I got i at walmart
its color is transparent slate black

I'm not a huge fan of the third brake light, but it's something a bit different so that's pretty cool. I like the taillights though, I wanted to do that with my 1st gen but I never got around to it.

thanks

it was easy to do, it only took about 1 hour

that looks pretty good.

I'm with axiom, I don't like how the third light turned out, but I love that you tried something custom with it (instead of just buying one of those stickers off ebay). Good job on the tails, and thanks for the heads up on walmart, I thought you had to order that stuff online.

I think the technique you came up with is really good, but the lettering could be better. I'd like to see one done like that with the ford logo in it. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with an adhesive one you could use. Ebay should have some...

-Ted

You think that you could put the letters on. Then spray them and then pull the stickers off so ford is in red and the rest of the 3rd light is tinted?

never seen the spraypaint..thats pretty sweet..i was gunna wrap them in cling tint..

I tryed to make the 3rd light really dark so that you could see Ford in red, but the lights are so bright that the words ford almost blend in.
I might have to make the rest of the 3rd light even darker to make Ford show up better. At first i didnt want to make it so noticible so a police would pull me over, but i think if you can see the light 200ft. away then its legal but i dont know.

What do think would make it better?
Thanks

Back