So, is it true that you can fit a Torqstorm blower on a 2nd generation 5.0 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So, is it true that you can fit a Torqstorm blower on a 2nd generation 5.0 Ford Explorer

MuscleJunkie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Ford Explorer LTD AWD
Had some conversation with Torqstorm and look at what I discovered.

Anyone with a bit more knowledge can look at this drawing and tell me this is true that it can fit on a 2nd Generation 5.0 Ford Explorer?

If so, might be a better option than trying to find a Powerdyne XB-1A

A small bit of history of Torqstorm from what I understand

When Powerdyne went under - another company bought all of their remenants and hired the company that would become Torqstorm to fix the deficiancies in the XB-1A. They did so but were never paid for their work and the company that bought the Powerdyne stuff went under as well. After that, the work they did on the XB-1A became the Torqstorm blower. Another version I heard a bit different in that Torqstorm were the ones that created the XB-1A.

rheh.jpg

I would LOVE to supercharge my next build......... Now I gotta go do internet search on Torqstorm
SIlly name hahaha but I guess tornado was already taken
Keep the good news coming!!

That's good to hear there may be other options for the 302 Explorer.

Jim, did you ever look at the SN95 Mustang KB kit? That one has more potential than any other kit yet tried, besides not having an IC. There have been two prior Explorer owners to have that KB on their 2nd gen. One disappeared after showing it mocked up, and the other left right after posting that he had it done and running, with a picture. So there aren't any results, but the idea of very simple. The SN95 302 Mustangs(1995 and 1996) have almost the same belt location, the Explorer's is about 3/8" rearward.

So both of those examples the owners managed to get the blower back a little, they said, to line up the belt. The rest of the install would be fairly straight forward. Note those KB's are now hard to come by, they were all 2.2's I think, and the newest model is a 2.1 now. Those typically made 10pis or so before requiring meth injection to keep down the IAT's.

Back