So, What's Your Favorite-Latest Mod? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So, What's Your Favorite-Latest Mod?

Dora The 4x4'a

Reaction score
City, State
Smalltown, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I finally have some free time for some tlc, mods, fixes, etc. Until this May I was enrolled in college and I have finally finished and would love to get back into the forum and my exploder. It has been a while since I been in the game but I have a bit of expendable income and more free time than before. SO!...what's your latest mod and or your favorite?

I have a silver 92 first gen 4dr. Check out my garage/specs for any other info. GImme some advice, suggestions, share whatever you've done that your particularly happy with or proud of! (most recently i've blacked out the taillights, painted the frame and competely detailed her as well as refinishing/repainting all trims!)

thanks guys!
-chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HID.s, that is my favorite mod, though it's only that and a drop in k&N filter.

zip tie mod, intake, kn air filter. ive done more mods than that, but they arent exactly easy

Chop the top off?

Sorry, I'm a little sided.

Oil pressure gauge mod is my favorite. LOL

Air filter mods and stuff are great too! :)

until i get my 5speed and manual t-case, the functional oil pressure guage is my favorite mod, even more than 32's

Half-shafted Throttle Body body was one of my favorite mods when I had a V6....noticeable HP gain, and it was free!

As of this moment, V8 Swap with the Torque Monster Headers are my favorite mod...

That is, until I get my new Heads, intake, cam, throttlebody and tune from there..

Ryan

My gears. :)

After that I would have to say it's the switch panel I made from the ashtray by turning it upside down and cutting a little. Free if you don't count the switches.

After that i would have to say Dynamat. not free!

So far, the JBA Headers, Magnaflow Cat and muffler, 2.5" mandrel bent stainless exhaust system. My wife is liking the 1200 watt "home brewed" Audiophile system that we put together at a local place. Cricket speakers, Cerwin-vega sub (10") along with older, under-rated MTX amps, Pioneer CD changer, and an MP3 feed to play the music that makes the "X" go "BANG BANG". My wife loves the old stuff from the Eighties as much as me!!! :D

Gears. Definitely. In 4lo my rig will crawl up the trail with hardly any throttle. It's really nice to be able to finesse the truck up and over obstacles instead of having to mash the pedal and give up all that control.

all excellent gents. i supose im looking for somethin a bit less involved though i am up for suggestions in any way. fyi i do have gears and i have a CIA already. i took mods out of my sig because i thought that was the sort of unwritten rule but all can be found in my prof/garage i suppose. the mods i've done are numerous i guess. however, i have a lot of interest in this tbi half shaft, knifing, shaving whatever these guys are talkin about ...whats this? whats its purpose and hows it done? also i was interested in the switch panel and the oil pres mod. how come your so happy about the oil pres mod? (just curious) and i have a a switch for my dash lights (modded to glow blue or green and dim) already inside the ashtray. but keep em comin. and nothin like drivetrain swaps haha! gimme some ideas for unique or interesting stuff yall. thats my style. heck thats all our styles right? i mean, who mods explorereS?!

thanks!
-chris

o yeah and guys post pics! i want to see this switch board

The oil gauge mod is to let the gauge actually function as an oil pressure indicator, not simply an "idiot device" as it is from the factory. The throttle shaft mod is a bit tricky, as you are actually removing part of the shaft that holds the butterfly for the throttle. Try a search for it. Not being mean, just trying to help. I stumbled on a thread for it a while back, myself.

Dual transmission coolers and fans.

012.jpg

fans have a nice look too. sweet mod. necessary for your rig? u been towing or anything. just curious why the mod.

94 XLT
Grill mounted easy access hood release.
Lifted for 33's.
Severe duty fan clutch
Rear hatch CB antenna mount

95 XLT
Lifted for 35's.
Gears & lockers.
Bumper & skid plate protection.
Coilover shocks.
James Bond hidden switch panel.
Oh heck, way to many to list. Just click on the links in my sig to see them all :D

Favorite mods in order:

1. Switching from bench seat to EB buckets/ full interior

2. Ditching the stock muffler for my $20 Flowmaster I got from a blown up J***

3. trading out all the chrome grill/ trim for black while installing nearly new lights from a JY

4. Adding the limited front bumper

5. installing a cold air (or hot air :D) intake

more to follow soon.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back