Spring wheeling trip at SMORR | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring wheeling trip at SMORR

there are easy , and there are tough trails,, it doesn't matter if you are lifted , it matters that it is an Explorer , or Ranger,

it is about meeting some of the people from the site,, and having a good time,,

it's not going to be all explorers and rangers, there will be mountaineers, and maybe a dakota or two there as well:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the most part it will be EF members. This trip to SMORR is an open invite. Friends and family are welcome to join. We are one big family on EF, and to be able to meet members and their family's is a welcome privilege. Friends of members will soon me members themselves, at least that has come true for me. Not every one has a Ford, but they will see how capable they are, and will soon be a Ford owner as well. :)

i am there!!! its going to be a good vacation right after classes get out and then gotta go back for summer term. ill be bringing plenty of PBR for myself and whoever wants to drink it with me. hopefully by mid march or april my BL with be on with either 32s or 33s. not looking to do anything too extreme im still a novice off-roader, as long as theres a decent trail for me and my Ex sounds like an exciting weekend! keep me posted!

For the most part it will be EF members. This trip to SMORR is an open invite. Friends and family are welcome to join. We are one big family on EF, and to be able to meet members and their family's is a welcome privilege. Friends of members will soon me members themselves, at least that has come true for me. Not every one has a Ford, but they will see how capable they are, and will soon be a Ford owner as well. :)

Bingo, gman!

Being hospitable to everyone is a must. My wife and I have been to Ouray, CO for the Full Size Jeep Invasion three times (I used to have a Grand Wagoneer, and now have borrowed another one!). They have all been great people to us, even though we were there in an Explorer. (Not having to worry about vapor lock at 11,000 feet was nice, though ;))

If I can make it, I'm going to try to get my dad to come up from Joplin with his mildly built Waggy (my old one) and I have another friend in Springfield with a YJ.

Let's all just have a god time there and show the doubters what an RBV can do!

-Bryan

My wife and I have been to Ouray, CO for the Full Size Jeep Invasion three times
-Bryan

Not to take away from this thread, but we are going to Ouray this Labor day. Feel like going a 4th?

We have so much camping space for our group to Smorr, I would love to fill them all up! 43 electric sites alone. Could you all picture the bonfire? I can! 100 members swapping stories, introducing themselves, laughing and having a great time. How many pictures would a group that size take? How many memories would be made? I dont know, but it is a lot! So come on guys, start spreading the word, work it!:salute:

I'm In

What the heck, I'm definitely down to meet people and have a good time. Maybe I'll have some stuff done on my truck by then, maybe not. It'll be a good time either way. Lol, one of you lifted, locked, v8 guys can just drag my truck around and I'll take pics pretending its all me, haha. ;)

man i'd love to go, but smorr is about a 6 hour drive for me. i'd love to be able to meet others on the site.

plus right now i only have a tt/shackle lift. i'm wanting to do a BL and get some 33's as soon as i can afford it.

also my ex is my daily driver and i'd hate to take the chance of breaking something so far away from home.

man i'd love to go, but smorr is about a 6 hour drive for me. i'd love to be able to meet others on the site.

plus right now i only have a tt/shackle lift. i'm wanting to do a BL and get some 33's as soon as i can afford it.

also my ex is my daily driver and i'd hate to take the chance of breaking something so far away from home.

According to Mapquest, its 5 hours and 53 minutes away from me. I'm still planning on going. And mine is also my DD, and stock, lol. Just don't bite off more than you can chew and you'll be fine.

i am sure there will be a few guys there that might know there way around a wrench , or socket set..

so wheeling a DD is not that dangerous, , we will be able to fix alot of things,,

Don't worry too much, most of the wheeler's are from that far away or farther.
I am taking my DD, and I would not take it something I know would destroy it.
I will take on something that is challenging tho, that is the fun part! You would be amazed at what your rig is capable of! As Corkey said, we will help out if you need it, you will have tons of support. 2" of lift is capable of doing quite a few trails. You have time to do more to your rig if you want to feel more capable.

Woot. Hopefully I don't break my truck. Maybe I should change my deductible right before we step off.....

Looks like fun! :) Good website for them, its 21 hrs and 1,450 miles for me don't think I can make it :D Post some pics when your all done and happy wheelin :salute:

Hello Ford Lovers!!! Been talking to G man about your guys trip to our Ranch.. and i am stoked!! We have lots of fords that wheel at the ranch ( trust me i am a chevy guy and have a lot friends that are ford guys but i don't hold it against them ....:D lol j/k of course..rib rib rib ) I think you guys will love our trails and facility. I am out of town right now but just wanted to jump on and say hey and that i am looking forward to meeting you all. As i was reading in this thread its all about fun and comradeship...

If you have any questions about the ranch or the trip feel free to ask. I am also putting you guys in our events page so more will know that the ford invasion is coming.

Take care all and i will see you in a couple months.

Thanks,

Brandon Powell
Co Owner/CEO
Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
SMORR
www.smorr.net
417-827-3952

This is a great location --

Let's make this a huge event! If you cannot make it to Moab, then why not try this out.

Attachments

• seymour.jpg
    seymour.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 444

oh man, this is a couple of weeks before a music festival i'm going to in TN.... or else i'd be there!! i don't think i can take that much time off work... but who knows! looks like a good time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To commit or not to commit that is the question :D

Back