Starter Hell | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Starter Hell

Yes, it started every time today. Still seems sluggish tho. I feel as if it isn't getting full power to the starter. I couldn't do anything with it today as I have been busting ass making up for lost time at work, and "Life" things that needed taken care of since this ordeal arose. It's humbling to say the least, that something like this could be such a pain to figure out.

Thanks for all the help here and maybe someone else will benefit from all this down the road.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gman, what's the latest on this?

..Good to hear..:D

..I was referencing this for someone and just saw that it didn't have a happy ending..Well..:scratch: ..until now..:biggthump

Found myself in the situation after post # 34

In frustration, grabbed multi-meter and started checking all grounds for continuity.

Found good ground from the battery to the chassis but funny readings to the engine and alternator.

I ran a temporary cable from neg battery to top of the engine, got good ground reading to engine and alternator now,

Both my starters work, no more sluggish cranking.my problem seems to have been the faulty grounding of the engine.

Since the positive cable is now brand new, I will install the band new negative cable I ordered as the same time.

Thank you guys for this post and all the good advises, it helped me exploring all directions and find the solution to my nightmare.

Wish everybody a good New Year and plenty of successful cold starts.

Always great to hear from those who have had good results from searching and reading the threads here on the Forum..

...already sounds like you are off to a great start for this year too :)

Back