• Register Today It's free!

Steering wheels for 93 Navajo

TMiro3438

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Navajo
Just bought a Navajo for my son - interior in nice shape, save the non-airbag steering wheel - need to see what Ford products' wheels I can replace it with. explorers, clearly, but how about Rangers?

Thanks,
Tom Miro

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! You want to remove a steering wheel with an air bag, and replace it with a steering wheel without an air bag? Is this correct? If so, then did you ever see the steering wheels made by Grant? You could even install a system to make the steering wheel removable.

navajo's never had an airbag. niether did the corresponding years of explorer's or rangers.

however a 95+ explorer or ranger should have one. not really sure what would be involved in installing one on a truck that didnt have one to begin with though..

Yeah the Navajo's dont have airbags...the only electricals going to the wheel were cruise control, if you have it.

Adding an airbag to a vehicle never intended to have them might be a hell of a job.

Thanks all for your input - I went to the local Pick and Pull and replaced the original leather wheel with a rubber one from a contemporary Ranger - perfect fit and all the proper connections for cruise control as well. Concur fittining an airbag onto a Navajo is a bridge way too far.

I am putting airbags into my `92 Explorer, but I am swapping over to a `97 dash, and wiring harness to go with it.

Ryan

Back