• Register Today It's free!

Stock 0-60 time of a 96 5.0

audiodude332001

Reaction score
City, State
Eau Claire,WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer 5.0
Hey, does anyone know the 0-60 time of a stock 96 5.0 with AWD? My dad got one about a month ago, and it is pretty fast. I heard that the 0-60 time is supposed to be around 10 seconds, and I took his for a run yesterday and it is 0-60 in 6 seconds. We have no paperwork of any modifications done to the truck, so Im trying to figure out if someone did anything with the motor.

Thanks,
Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'll see a ton of different numbers out there, but this article originally in Motor Trend says 10.7 for a '99 V8. 7.3 with a supercharger from Explorer Express.

really..so you think this is modified? I know it does not have a supercharger.

Are you sure that's right? 6 seconds is VERY fast for an explorer...Even a 5.0

yeah. It was actually like 6.3 seconds. But still that is pretty damn quick.

That is really fast for an SUV, even fast for most cars.

Are you sure you didn't read it upsidedown? LOL more like 9 instead of 6 sec.

If it's really that fast, right on! :)

audiodude332001 said:
I took his for a run yesterday and it is 0-60 in 6 seconds. We have no paperwork of any modifications done to the truck, so Im trying to figure out if someone did anything with the motor.

Thanks,
Andy

Unless you dropped that motor into a Miata I'd say he is supercharged with some big time internal upgrades. Maybe putting out around 450 HP.

Stock 5.0 'ploders run around 8-9.5 sec.

if you speedo is off by bout 11-14mph it might be 6sec 0-60

How did you test this 0-60 time?

It is impossible you did a 0-60 that quickly, without some kind of power adder or an imensly built 5.0. I know they feel fast, I have a 96 5.0 too, but those kind of numbers are not easy to get in a big SUV, especially with the extra weight of the AWD. I know a guy who had aluminum GT-40 heads, GT-40 intake, huge mass air meter, injectors, full exhaust and a 75 shot of nitrous and it could barely keep up with my friend's stock 95 mustang GT 5spd, and without the nitrous is a little faster than my friend's FWD Eclipse Turbo. That G-Force auto testing device is a good way of checking for stuff like that.

I too am curious about how you determined this 0-60 time.

Back