stock alarm

Xeek

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xlt
video shows what happens, but ill explain. i never use the fob to lock the doors, i rarely roll up the windows either. nothing to steal so i dont bother.

so today i went to 7-eleven and took the key out and opened the door and it honked a few times. after its done i can open and close the door all i want and nothing. only right after shutting on the engine it does it.
if i leave the key in but not on it wont do it. only if it comes out.

its just annoying really, doesnt bother anything, yet atleast...
video:
th_DSCN1428.jpg

anyone know? tell me howto disable alarm if need be(take the whole thing out)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure it is a factory alarm? I don't think they do the automatic door lock when its running. The factory alarm was only available in the limited or electronic group models, which would likley have the overhead console and autotining mirror as well.

Got a pic of the remote? Look under the dash and see if there is any non-factory looking wiring there too.

maybe its not. i assumed it was. i did see a thread on there for 3rd gens i think to turn on/off auto lock using the buttons themselfs, so maybe thats where that came from.
under the dash theres thinker bundles or cables hanging out, but ive seen them hanging in other trucks also

remote:
DSCN1429.jpg

theres also that i think is a range extender for the remote
DSCN1219.jpg

DSCN1222.jpg

Definitely that system is not stock. The factory systems have a fully hidden antenna and the remotes say ford on them.

If you find the module under the dash you should be able to return the wiring to stock. It might have a starter interlock so if you just unplug it you may not be able to start the vehicle. You could also take it to a place that installs alarms and have them try to fix it... but be careful a lot of those places do extremely shoddy wiring work.

Try to find a manual for it, look for the module and find the company/model number.

ok thanks. as long as it doesnt go completely haywire yet, i plan on pulling the seats carpet out for a cleaning while i wire in some horns. so ill tackle pulling the alarm at that time.

i forgot i came home at 10ish and it did its thing again, i made it to the door then the alarm just went completely off until i hit unlock on the fob :/

Back