• Register Today It's free!

Stock these are decently fast!

alexk

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited
I never realized until tonight just how powerful the V8 actually is. This guy in a lexus es was to the left and I pulled up on the right. He started inching foward and had a good 2-3 ft rolling head start and the X just shot passed him. I wasnt even pushing it that hard and the thing got to 60 in no more than 7 seconds! That definatly makes me glad I went with a V8 explorer over the V6 trailblazer ext.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice

Trailblazer is a straight 6:) unless it was an older one with the 4.3 v6. Anyhow, I have surprised a person or two at the stoplight as well:) My friend as a 2006 Kia Sonata with a V6 and sport shift tranny. Before my mods, I was killing him to 70mph with him 1 car back before we shut down. With minimal mods, you can be running mid to low 15's.

I have a pretty good kill list. Racing bad drivers also helps :)

Kill list (all stock w/ AWD):

• 06 Scion Tc w/ exhaust from a stop
  • 97 jetta w/ intake & exhaust from a stop and a 30mph roll
  • 02 Mustang GT with intake & exhaust from a 30mph roll (AWD + Curvy road = win :))
  • 05 Altima SE-R from a 40mph roll
  • 01 RAM 1500 sport from a 30mph roll -- i played with him a while then floored it
  • 02 RAM 2500 ext. cab Cummins from a stop -- he had me from the launch but I came around him
  • Killed a few ricers too

Torque ftw :D

i have been a little surprised too, seems i can beat half the cars out there if not more. Although i really don't try anymore. Its great for a truck that can navigate a two track with ease.

your stock 4.6 is 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds, but with the right upgrades you could easily break 6 seconds(im at 6.65 seconds).

My kill record includes...

13 late model chevy trucks(ive actualy thought about keeping count on my door with stickers...like ww2 bombers)
6 Hemi dodge trucks
1 hemi dodge durango
2 honda civics
1 riced out satern ion(blew my last spark plug with this one)
1 honda accord
2 scion box cars
3 trailblazers
1 F150
1 V6 charger...pathetic.
2 subaru's
1 SS silverado...not sure how that happened
1 toyota tacoma...lol funny story about that one..
and my friends 96 cobra(he didnt know how shift a manual quite yet lol).
and many other mixed and matched cars and trucks...bow to the explorer!!

what ive been killed by...
1 SSR 6.0
1 SRT-8 cherokee
1 SRT-10 ram...*******...
1 2001 f350 7.4 disel(with banks stage 3 kit...)
1 corvette Zo6(lolz)
1 SRT-8 Challenger
1 Trailblazer SS.
1 2008 GMC truck...totaly not stock.
1 8.1l CHEVY 3500
1 banks stage 3 dodge cummins...he was freakin GONE!!
and my GF's dads 1200CC snow machine...and a hayabusa.

When I first got my truck, I was challenged by someone in a BMW 325 - an 01 or an 02 and almost definitely an automatic. I drove very aggressively in those days and he probably noticed my eagerness to gun it at every opportunity. Surely he owed it to Bavaria to humble me with the world's finest driving machine. Well, we went 3 times. The first time, he jumped the gun, but I pulled hard in 2nd and had him cleanly by one car length at 70mph and shut it down. The second time, I was ready for him and had him by about 2 cars to 80 and shut it down. The third time, and I should have really quit while I was ahead, but we went all the way to 105. Well, kinda. It started out the same as before, but from 85-105, he pulled on me a bit and was even with my fender when my governor kicked in, and then he just flew by me! Oh well, chalk it up to the foolishness of my youth. At least no one got hurt. I definitely owned him in the 1/4 :)

your stock 4.6 is 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds, but with the right upgrades you could easily break 6 seconds(im at 6.65 seconds).

My kill record includes...

13 late model chevy trucks(ive actualy thought about keeping count on my door with stickers...like ww2 bombers)
6 Hemi dodge trucks
1 hemi dodge durango
2 honda civics
1 riced out satern ion(blew my last spark plug with this one)
1 honda accord
2 scion box cars
3 trailblazers
1 F150
1 V6 charger...pathetic.
2 subaru's
1 SS silverado...not sure how that happened
1 toyota tacoma...lol funny story about that one..
and my friends 96 cobra(he didnt know how shift a manual quite yet lol).
and many other mixed and matched cars and trucks...bow to the explorer!!

what ive been killed by...
1 SSR 6.0
1 SRT-8 cherokee
1 SRT-10 ram...*******...
1 2001 f350 7.4 disel(with banks stage 3 kit...)
1 corvette Zo6(lolz)
1 SRT-8 Challenger
1 Trailblazer SS.
1 2008 GMC truck...totaly not stock.
1 8.1l CHEVY 3500
1 banks stage 3 dodge cummins...he was freakin GONE!!
and my GF's dads 1200CC snow machine...and a hayabusa.

Umm if it was a 6.2l GMC Denali then yea it was prolly stock man those things have 403 Hp from the factory :eek::eek: Some bad ass engines in those things. I have a Chevy TB that isn't to shabby either. My Explorer isn't bad either but seems to be fading as i put more miles on it. Just doesn't have that get up and go with the 170,000 miles i got on it. :(

it was indeed a 6.2 but he didn't pass me till a buck fifteen.. And he FLEW past me lol. Hoping to remedy that with trick flow heads and crower cams. Yay!

Zero- That Ford Diesel was a 7.3 right;)

Also, I caught a vid of a 6.2L GMC that had H/C/I and tune that was smoking the crap out of a 2010 Camaro SS and S197 Mustang GT on the highway(yeah, from a roll!). It was kinda sad:D I'm not sure if the GMC had nitrous or not, but the two cars had at least cat-backs, tune and CAI and got schooled!

My kill list that I can think of when I was STOCK-

-2003 Dodge Durango R/T with CAI. 0-105mph with him 1-3 cars back(raced 5 times!)
-1999 Grand Prix. 0-70 with him a small speck in the mirror(raced 3 times and he sucked)
-1971 Plymouth Satellite with a built 360, full exhaust, gears and high stall. I beat him to 60 and then he dissappeard:D My mustang could beat him from 0-100 by 2 car lengths if when we both hooked good.
-1998 Cavalier- 25-70 roll and it was funny to watch him fall back:D

Exhaust mod only-(ran a best of 15.9 in the 1/4)

-2006 Hyundai Sonata V6. 0-75 with him 2 cars back. (raced 3 times, he was shocked!)
-2002 Camaro SS. He was going to try and cut me off, but it was raining and I got him:D
-Chased a 250CC Sport bike on the highway and I could actually hang with with until 105mph cutoff! We messed around maybe 3 times. If I had the tune and efan, I would have pulled him.
-1995 F150 RC LB 2wd with exhaust. We roll raced from 25-60 and I'd pull 2 cars by then.
Same Dodge Durango as above. He ran a 16.4 and had nothing but excuses on why he lost!!! He also owns the 1971 Plymouth.

Tune, efan and exhaust (ran a best of 15.2 in the 1/4)-
-Techieman 33's Mountaineer at the strip. It was a VERY close run to his 5.0 Mountaineer. He has full exhaust, CAI, tune, 4:10's, throttle body, MSD ignition and a nearly stipped interior. I won everytime, but he was always at my rear bumper. He actually rolled that Mountaineer several months ago and has a new one now. Next time we meet, he's going to kick my butt:( (I need new mods!)

And that's all folks!!! I know there's some more I can't think of, but hopefully I'll add some worthy kills to the list this summer:D Everyone drive safe and be smart!!!

im use to driving my v6 daily, but when im at work we have the chief's truck that we use for errands sometimes. what a difference driving my X compared to the EXP.

granted it has the police interceptor package, but HOLY WOW it is rediculously fast ! + lights, and sirens...

i wish i could have gotten the V8, but couldnt find any with decent enough mileage...

rough estimates fella's...

what do you think v6 and v8's are putting to the ground from the factory ?

239 rwhp stock for hte v8, i dont know about the v6.

Limited, it was actualy an overbored 7.3L to a 7.4L(hi milage motor too...i was so sad). i think you should make the trick flow and cam jump with me lol. Im hoping for close to 380 rwhp N/a. would be oh so nice.

210 for the v6.

thats crank hp. according to K&N's dyno sheet its about 147 rwhp stock. ALSO i was wrong, also according to K&NS dyno run, v8 explorers put 196 down to the tires stock. 204 with their kit.

Wow 204 that's it for real? My Trailblazer puts down 213 Rwhp with the stock Inline 6 motor. That is really suprising. My poor V6 is way down on the list for HP. :(:(

that kinda makes me mad...grrr... damn you ford... the next explorers need to have the new 32 valve dohc 5.0 and the eco boost engines...WHOS WITH ME!?!?!... i am also rather suprised because stock for stock the explorers are WAY faster than the TB's...i see on the dyno run that your engine may make more power, but it has LESS available throughout the rpm range, making peek hp at about 5500 rpm... about the same time MY truck is shifting...this is why numbers arnt everything i guess.

post note here, the tb with the 5.3L only makes 12 more horse power than the one with the 4.2L...leave it to chevy to put a v8 in somthing FOR LITERALY 12 extra horses... i guess i dont feel all that bad anymore lol.

I like pizza April fools joke going on here with pizza words:D I was wondering when did people start calling CAI pizza kits:D

T H E = pizza:D

239 rwhp stock for hte v8, i dont know about the v6.

Limited, it was actualy an overbored 7.3L to a 7.4L(hi milage motor too...i was so sad). i think you should make the trick flow and cam jump with me lol. Im hoping for close to 380 rwhp N/a. would be oh so nice.

I'd love to make the jump with you, but until then I can only dream:( Working towards paying this beast off and I have A LOT of little things to fix on it(tires, rearend, shocks/struts, some paint work, etc) and try to mod it just enough to kiss 14's!!! That's my goal this year!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a pretty good kill list. Racing bad drivers also helps :)

Kill list (all stock w/ AWD):

• 06 Scion Tc w/ exhaust from a stop
  • 97 jetta w/ intake & exhaust from a stop and a 30mph roll
  • 02 Mustang GT with intake & exhaust from a 30mph roll (AWD + Curvy road = win :))
  • 05 Altima SE-R from a 40mph roll
  • 01 RAM 1500 sport from a 30mph roll -- i played with him a while then floored it
  • 02 RAM 2500 ext. cab Cummins from a stop -- he had me from the launch but I came around him
  • Killed a few ricers too

Torque ftw :D

Ya im only in high school and with my 94 X Sport stock with the 4.0 V6 ive killed

01 Dodge Ram 1500 stock
?? Chevy Cavelier stock
90s Dodge Dakota stock

all high schoolers still learnin to drag but im proud of my X:D

Back