Stocker almost got stuck in Vermont! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stocker almost got stuck in Vermont!

Well today was completely unplanned. I woke up around 9am after getting to sleep around 2:30am and was really tired. Then I went to the living room and watched some TV. Then my mom asked me if I wanted to go to see her mother's grave over in Bennington, VT. I said sure but she said that I had to take my truck because they had had around 2 feet of snow or something like that in the past month or so, so we were expecting a rough time getting to the actual grave site. So, about an hour and a half later we finally get to the cemetery and we get to the part of the cemetery that has my grandmothers headstone pretty easily because someone had actually plowed. So, my mom does her thing at her mothers grave and I really just stand by and watch because I never met my grandmother because she passed away about 20 or so years before I was even born. So my mom finally gets done and we start off heading down this tremendous hill which connects back with the road we came in on. So about a half way down the pathway we lose all traction and slam into this huge snowpile at the end of this path/roadway. But, I'm like no problem I've got a huge 4X4 truck just put the ***** in 4-Wheel Low and I'll get out....little did I know that not only was I completely ####ing wedged on top of this snow/ice pile but the flat ground surrounding it was a sheet of ice...so I had NO traction even in 4-Wheel Low which is 4X4 setting you use ONLY when your completely ####ed. So my mom starts walking toward a house that's across from the cemetery, meanwhile I get into the back of my truck and grab the baseball bat I have because my plan is to just completely destroy the snow/ice pile that I'm on so that I can get out. After 10 mins. my mom comes back and alas there's no one home at the house and my baseball bat plan while working somewhat isn't really going anywhere. So, I whip out the cell-phone but ALAS no cell reception in the middle-of-nowhere, Vermont. Esentially we're screwed beyond belief. Then out of pure luck a bunch of guys come driving by; two guys in a Chevy Caprice Wagon (not really all much help) and then a friend of their's in a huge Ford F250 duelly (HOOOORAYYYY!) So the guy in the huge truck luckily has some chains in his truck and I luckily have a hook on the rear-end of my truck (for what reason I dunno but I used it in this case) so the guy in the truck pulls along side of me and attempts to go a little ways up this ****ty ice-covered snow hill that I just slid down and the entire time I'm thinking to myself this guy in the huge truck is just gonna come sliding down this hill and slam right into the side of my truck... So this guy starts of the hill and quite nearly my worst fears come true because even this guy in this HUGE truck is sliding down the hill faster than his tires are grabbing so he can go up this hill. But eventually his truck gains traction and his two friends hook the chains up to the hook on the back of my truck and the the hook on his truck and two quick jerks and i'm free enough of the ice/snow pile that I put the truck back in drive and with everything my trucks got slam out of the ice/snow pile. But I even almost got stuck this time too because I spun around in a 180 and was now horizontal with the ice/snow pile I was just stuck on but I put the truck in reverse and I was finally clear of the trap and my truck was back on solid ground. This goes to those three awesome Vermont guys that got me out of a ****ty situation today...THANKS!

you will get stuck on ice no matter what you have, a limited slip would be a nice addition if you do not hav eone now

Back