Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Callsign
N0FJC
I am in colorado and have a check engine code of 332, Insufficient EGR flow. Anyone know hot to fix or what could be wrong?

HAve had codes for rich and lean on bank 1, but after resetinng the computer and testing letting it learn in the new high altitude, only code 332 came back.

Would like to fix myself, but will take to goodyear if necessary. I have to drive back to AZ on Tuesday.

Please help!!!!

Thanks
Steven

------------------
Stock 94 XLT
PIAA Superwhites.
Vampire Alarm.
Jensen Head w stock Premium sound.
Radio Schack CB with magnetic mount antenna.
Uniden Scanner.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now my transmission wont go out of second gear. No matter how light I am on the gas, It wont shift. It wont even go from 1st to second until I get to 4500 rpm. This is probably a service call to the mechanic. I am in colorado for an emergency, on a very tight schedual. Figures thats when things go wrong. No sign of trouble until I am 1000 miles from home, in a small snowstorm, on a weekend, with no time to spare.

Any odeas as to what is causing either of these problems would be greatly appreciated/

Thanks

Steven

------------------
Stock 94 XLT
PIAA Superwhites.
Vampire Alarm.
Uniden Scanner.

Man, I wish I could help you out. However I dont have a code scanner or the book. On the other hand, can you manually shift the trans? Its an Auto with P R N oD D 2 1 correct? Cant you start out in 1st, then manually shift to second?
I wish you best of luck,

------------------
Nick
'93 XLT 4 Door 4x4
Bosch Plat+4's with SplitFire Dual Core wires and a
K&N Air Filter with a Modified Air Box

The shift lever will move, but it wont shift up until it wants to, and it does not seem to help.

Matt Adams - Where would you take your truck for service?

Thanks

Steven

------------------
Stock 94 XLT
PIAA Superwhites.
Vampire Alarm.
Uniden Scanner.

Ntpriz,

Code 332 is the "EGR valve opening not detected."

Trans not shifting;Assuming you have an Auto. Transmission?
Check the vacuum hoses on the upper intake manifold and on the vacuum diaphragm on the passenger side of the transmission itself. Make sure there is a hose or a cap on all the ports on the upper intake manifold vacuum...port..thing, that octopus looking thing near the firewall just above the drivers side valve cover, it has about 6 little rubber hoses plugging in to it of various sizes. If you have a manual with you it's on page 1-14 figure 10.6.

The rich/lean fuel mixture could be the MAF, mass air flow sensor located on top of he air duct connected to the Air filter housing. Try cleaning this with some Oxygen sensor safe carb cleaner, you'll need a T20 or T21 security star that you can get any good parts store.

Hope this helps, if so have a safe trip,
FM

[This message has been edited by FMNavajo (edited 04-16-2000).]

ntpriz - I've heard good things about Goodyear's service, and they have many locations around town, you can probably find one in the phone book. So far I haven't had any problems that really require professional assistance but like I said, I've heard many good things about the Geminis ervice at Goodyear (they won't rape you on charges and do a good job the first time)

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Well,
Its at the Local Ford Dealership. We will see what happens. The Extended service Plan I have seems to have confused the service rep, so hopefully no problem there. Ill let everone know what was wrong when I find out.

Thanks to all that helped.

Steven

------------------
Stock 94 XLT
PIAA Superwhites.
Vampire Alarm.
Uniden Scanner.

Well, time for a new transmission. After some haggling with the warrantee company, Im getting a new transmission and a new EGR valve. Seems the warantee compnay wants to only pay 1400 for the job. I could not find anyone who would do it for less than 2650. Its wierd, the ford dealership was the lowest. Go figure. Ill be here one more day, but at least the weather is nice!! Ill let everyone know how it ends up.

Thanks

Steven

------------------
Stock 94 XLT
PIAA Superwhites.
Vampire Alarm.
Uniden Scanner.

Well, Im back In AZ. Thank God. All the way here, I was getting a check engine light, codes 172 and 173 and real bad fuel economy and the new tranny seemed to not be working right. About 200 miles from home, everything dissapeared. No more problems and she ran like a champ. Im thinking she didnt like the cold weather or the altitude. Now if only I could figure out why she didnt like the altitude or the cold weather, then I would be good to go.

Thanks again for all the help.

Steven

------------------
Stock 94 XLT
PIAA Superwhites.
Vampire Alarm.
Uniden Scanner.

Back