Suing Ford for Lemon - Lemon Law | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wow, New Mexico has by far the worst lemon law I have ever seen. 1 year from date of delivery... I've seen 18 months and 24 months... but never 12 months before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, New Mexico has by far the worst lemon law I have ever seen. 1 year from date of delivery... I've seen 18 months and 24 months... but never 12 months before.
New Mexico is the best at being the worst. I'd give anything to get back east again, one day...

I think there are a couple states that it applies to used cars as well.
And PA is 1 year 12,000 miles as well. New or Leased, but also purchased out of state.

I have a 2020 Ford Explorer ST that has been a total Lemon, never experienced this before ever, but it's been awful. Today, my car is dead in my driveway and I'm stuck paying $500/per week ($500 is my monthly car payment also) for a rental car out of desperation. I've had issues with the local dealership, who has given up and refuses to take my car back. Ford Motor found a loop hole in the NM Lemon Law because I bought my Ford in another state.

Now, I'm stuck and screwed with no working car and all future repairs, I will have to pay for myself. Even though there were identified and serviced by the dealership under my bumper to bumper warranty. Desperately seeking a lawyer to avoid losing thousands of dollars and avoid bankruptcy. If you have a 2020 Ford Explorer that you've experienced on-going, unfixable issues and Ford Motor will not help, please contact me. I'm looking to open a class action lawsuit agains Ford Motor company. I have heard from several Ford employees that the 2020 Explorer has extensive issues.
So the facts are to this point: you bought it out of state and you have not contacted a lemon law attorney in the state you bought it in.

You say it's a 2020 model. Did you buy it new? Used? Certified? Salvage title?

More details will assist you in getting others to chime in about their similar issues. Additionally, following what seems to be rock solid advice so far could very well move your issue forward to resolution.

New Mexico is the best at being the worst. I'd give anything to get back east again, one day...
Wait a minute! They replaced my engine and transmission, I need to go back and see if the 12 months starts over with the new engine.
So the facts are to this point: you bought it out of state and you have not contacted a lemon law attorney in the state you bought it in.

You say it's a 2020 model. Did you buy it new? Used? Certified? Salvage title?

More details will assist you in getting others to chime in about their similar issues. Additionally, following what seems to be rock solid advice so far could very well move your issue forward to resolution.
I bought it brand new. I am also reaching out to lawyers in both states.

Wait a minute! They replaced my engine and transmission, I need to go back and see if the 12 months starts over with the new engine.

I bought it brand new. I am also reaching out to lawyers in both states.
A new engine doesn't restart the 12 months.

It's the same here in Wyoming just looked it up for shots and giggles

Back