superlift 4" springs just in rear? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

superlift 4" springs just in rear?

NYX

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
Ok i know this might sound weird but let me explain fully. My 4x4 2nd gen Sport had a really low rear due to old monoleafs, I added warriors and they gave me 2" and leveled it out, kept the stock shocks. In the front I didnt do any TT thats how bad the rear was. Now if I wanted to get more height overall I still have those 2.5" I could twist in the front but I need a way to level the rear afterwards. I dont like the way the shackles coupled with monoleafs behave even though I heard its an illusion that the leafs look straight with the shackles. So basically after taking off the warriors sounds like I could add 4" in the rear and 2-2.5" in the front. Instead of getting a 4 leaf pack off a 4 door which wouldnt give me that height, what if I were to go with the superlift 4" springs? do they give exactly 4" over stock? Since I woulndt be installing components from the lift kit in the front would it be doable or would some angles be way off? (using longer shocks in the rear recommended for the lifted springs) How are the superlift springs installed- you just take off the u bolts and replace the monoleaf then put the ubolts back on? What about the 5 or so spacers that are in there- they wont all fit with the superlift multispring- if i got too much lift in the rear as a result would i be able to move the spacers either on top or bottom to lessen it or would that have no effect on lift from ground? or would new u bolts be needed? what about the swaybar, brake lines and driveshaft- would the direshaft angle be too great since nothing was done in the front? or would I have to do an SOA or something in the rear and go through welding etc? its all new to me the warriors were a piece of cake but this is a little more complicated, any advice would be appreciated, mainly is this at all possible or am I totally missing something and it would never work? thanks in advance

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The superlift springs will be WAY too big for what you want. Trust me I have them ;)

I thought they were 4" over stock, how much are they in reality? Can the lift amount be altered with the spacers or spring/axle relationship?

They're 4" over stock height. That means 6" over your current height since your springs are sagged.

good point. i guess theres no way to decrease their resulting height somewhere else?

no

couldnt you use lowering blocks? just an idea...

That would be pointless, buying lift springs and then lowering using blocks. Your best bet is just a 4 door pack with AAL's or shackles.

Back