• Register Today It's free!

superlift or skyjacker

powpow

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 4wd
:bounce: I am about to get a suspension lift and they have ordered the superlift 4" at my local shop, but I just saw the 5.5 lift and thought I might as well go with that... but THEN I saw the skyjacker 5.5 kit that is a bit pricier (class II) with the LONGER radius arms. Is it true that the articulation is 30% better with them????? Here is a link to the site I saw all the lifts on Dead Link Removed
Any of you have any of these lifts and have any comments???
Also, I was thinking of the rancho9000 and someone told me that I should only get them if I plan on installing the in cab controller cuz realistically how many times are you gonnna crawl under your truck and change settings. They also told me the first 4 settings are useless for a suspension lift cuz stiffer coils make it way bouncy on the soft settings. Has anyone installed the controller??? I could do that myself, I figure, seeing as I am gonna be out a cool $2K by the time this lift is done.
Thanks!!!!
PS This is font size 4. It would be so AWESOME if everyone used it, I don't know about you all, but it is HARD for me to read the small fonts!!!!! I guess my eyesight is going!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

from what i have heard from are local offroad shops skyjacker is much beefier and better quality, thats why it is more expensive. I also hear alot of stories on broken parts on superlift kits. I dont have either at the moment so i dont know from personal experiance, but alot of guys on the forum run the superlift 5.5". I would go skyjacker but thats just me.

I ran skyjacker on my old explorer and it was a kick ass kit. If you can manage to pickup a class II kit, go for it. I jumped my truck many times on 33in boggers and it held straight and true all the times

Skyjacker is well worth the money!

The 5.5-inch lifts are a spring over axle conversion, using stock springs. The front must be raised 5.5-inches to compensate for the rear. A Superlift 5.5 is a cheap lift. I have the 5.5 and 33s, I am satisfied, but I do not wheel hard or often. I beleve it is best suited to the intermediate wheeler. If I were you, I would decide do you need to spend the extra money for Skyjacker, it realy depends on your driving style or how hard and often you wheel. FYI, Superlift will relace any broken parts if you buy them new. You should also consider a solid axle swap if you are a serious wheeler. The D-35 axle has some limitations with tire size and engine horsepower. If you do some research on this site, use the search function, you will find an abundance of information on each lift option and limitations of the D-35 axle. Good luck keep us posted.

The Skyjacker class 2 6"lift kit is the best of the large lift kits from my readings of other peoples experinces,
The James Duff 2.5" lift is a great lift for less lift.
I am running a Hybrid James Duff/Rancho/Oem lift of ~4.5" and have recently got about 12 feet of air with the front end and nothing bent or broke.

It seems the skyjacker is only about $500 bucks more so I will try to go with that!! Thanks for your responses. I used the search, but it is always nice to get realtime responses from those with info :bounce: :bounce:

I'm saving for the Superlift 5.5. I'm a poser though, I do not go offroading. I'm in it for the looks only. I want something that will last, looks good & is the correct & safe way to lift the X. However if I was into off roading from what I have read the Skyjacker is the way to go.

I already off road quite a bit stock, and was gonna go with the skyjacker. However this is also my daily driver and I will not "go for air" or any extreme like that, so I've been advised that the 4" is good enough. I'll just run some BFG ATs 32 and should be a happy camper. :burnout:

Back