• Register Today It's free!

SkyJacker or SuperLift?

Kinserin

Reaction score
City, State
Coaldale, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
Hi, this is my first post on this forum.
Anyhow, my brother in law has a 94 explorer, and he picked up the Stage II SkyJacker 6" lift, which seems to be a little pricey for me (Im a kid still.. Newbie offroader!), hes been offroading for a few years now and said he got it because the stage 2 is stronger than a regular 5.5/6" lift. My problem is, money is a factor, and I was wondering, should I get the 5.5" SkyJacker lift for my 91 explorer, or get the 5.5" SuperLift? The SuperLift is a little more in my price range (I think its a little less than $1000 CND than the SkyJacker kit). http://www.partskart.com/products.php?ID=89766 Is the kit I was looking at now, but my brother in law is bent on me getting the 5.5" from SkyJacker. Again, I've only driven with him, I've never actually had to do this my self before.
Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I've heard, the Skyjacker lift is stronger and allows better flex. If you plan on offroading on only easy-medium level trails get the superlift. But if you want to do a bunch of medium-tough stuff, then get the superlift. Again, this is just from what I've heard about the two lifts, I haven't tried out either of them.

I have the SuperLift and I offroad a decent amount.. I have had no problems..yet, and i did buy mine used. I would suggest SL.

With the 5.5" SuperLift, and a 3" body lift, think I can pull off 35s without fender trimming? Or would I need to go the whole 6" for that? Hope I can get the 35s without TOO much trimming if it does need trimming :)

I think it would work....

I would suggest the Rough Country 4" suspen. kit with a 3" body. I love both of mine. I have fairly good flex and for a daily driver it is perfect. Yes with my set-up I am running 35x12.50's with no fender trimming. My tires actually measure 34 3/5 mounted on a 8" wide rim. The RC kit comes with brand new rear springs and thats what sold it for me. And if you ever want more lift you can spring over the rear and then do either new springs in the front or a SAS. I am getting ready to do the SAS with a SOA in the rear. I will have 13" of total lift when finished.

skyjacker cost alot for a reason, very very very hard to break and toguh as nails

35's fit without any problem. I will admit SkyJacker has some great stuff.

No. I have 4" spring pack in the rear. Once that goes on top of the axle with some sweet perchs I will have around 9 to 10 inches suspen. and with the 3" BL that ith be right at 13 with just lift and no tires. I am planning on running RE coils and upper control arms up front with custom lower control arms. Of course that is with the Jeep Rubicon Dana 44 up front. All of that should be done by end of Jan. long as the shop can get it all done. I will be running 36x14.50x15 TSL SX.

Back