skyjacker | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

skyjacker

Crack

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the skyjacker 6" suspension lift? I was thinking of getting the 5.5" superlift, but I don't want to risk the diff problem. Anyone know if the skyjacker has that problem? or if there is a 6" superlift and if it has that problem. I've seen a 6" superlift super-runner in a few mags, but don't know if it is the same lift.

Superlift only has a 5.5" kit. I have this kit. I'm about to order the Skyjacker 6". Here's what I know. The Skyjacker does not have the diff problem because the axle pivit points (drop dowm brackets) are not anywhere the same as Superlift. Superlift makes the brackets so big and cumbersome. This is because Superlift is stamped steel where as the Skyjacker is welded. Take a look under your front end. Look at the engine cross member. If you will notice the passenger side axle pivot is mounted there. The Superlift's drop bracket is a wide plate of steel to compensate heavy load, stress, etc. This is where you would run into the diff trouble. I have not because my bump stops come down lower than the Skyjacker's. I now have bent the drivers side drop bracket with multiple cracks on Superlifts welds. My buddy has a 91 sport with the Skyjacker. I like their's much better because it looks much stronger than mine. He did run into a problem with their Radius arms. The lower shock mount was in to far and the shock body would hit the radius arm. After many phone calls with Skyjacker, he ended up spacing the shocks himself. I prefer the James Duff Radius arms myself and will order those (even cheaper than Skyjacker). If only they made a 6" kit. My advise to you would be get the Skyjacker 6" front, Superlift's Spring Over Axle kit rear, Rancho 9000's or James Duff 70/30 shocks (remember you will need stock hight with the spring over in rear), and James Duff Radius Arms. This will be my setup in Jan or Feb. Ultimate dream would be Dana 44 or Autofab 16" wheel travel kit, but at $3K each, I can't justify that right now. As you can see I have been doing alot of research. I hope my time has help you save some of yours, but my opinion is only that, just an opinion. Good luck and let us know how your's turned out.

Clark

hey clark?

are you going to sell your 5.5 lift if so put me first in line let me know the price thank you
brian

Hey Brian.
I'm trying to see if Superlift will just replace my brackets with their new versions. If not, I will probably just replace the drop brackets with Skyjacker because mine are broke and bent. If I got the complete kit, I would only have the springs and radius arm drop brackets to sell. I will keep my shocks. I would love to sell my complete front end, but my wife and the bank don't agree I should spend that much money on a Dana 44.

Kent

Back