• Register Today It's free!

Sync and My Touch issues

jdesan

Reaction score
City, State
OHIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT 202A
Hello to all. Glad to have found the site. A bit confusing as to where I need to be and hopefully I'm posting correctly.

Anyway, have had our XLT 202A for about a week now. It's been a steep learning curve so far re Sync and My Touch. But, it seems everything is working even though I know many have issues with My Touch. Actually, so far I only have one and that is tring to upload pics to the Display/Wallpaper. I've sized the pics as they suggest, 800X378 etc and the USB drive is seen with the files but when I select one I get an error saying the files are not the correct format.

Sent a note to Ford and still waiting for a reply but I doubt I'll get much help. I know the Edge has numerous issues with My Touch.

Is there a way to know which version of the software I have? I see mention ofthis and wonder how to find it.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello to all. Glad to have found the site. A bit confusing as to where I need to be and hopefully I'm posting correctly.

Anyway, have had our XLT 202A for about a week now. It's been a steep learning curve so far re Sync and My Touch. But, it seems everything is working even though I know many have issues with My Touch. Actually, so far I only have one and that is tring to upload pics to the Display/Wallpaper. I've sized the pics as they suggest, 800X378 etc and the USB drive is seen with the files but when I select one I get an error saying the files are not the correct format.

Sent a note to Ford and still waiting for a reply but I doubt I'll get much help. I know the Edge has numerous issues with My Touch.

Is there a way to know which version of the software I have? I see mention ofthis and wonder how to find it.

Thanks

Have you signed up at syncmyride.com ?
If so
click on owner services, log in or register sync, update or customize.
If you added your Ex, should show up in column on right. Scroll down and you will see sync info and what's been installed. If update available, it will show there. Mine shows update available to Sync VersionGen2 - V2.7. The only problem is my Ex has been sitting in Chicago since build on 03/23.

Yes, I did get signed up. I just never looked at all it has. I do see my version # etc. Thanks.

Sorry your EX is just getting a sun tan, or rained on.. Ordered mine 2/28 and it came in 4/4 Not too long a wait.

Thanks for commenting.....

But, it seems everything is working even though I know many have issues with My Touch. Actually, so far I only have one and that is tring to upload pics to the Display/Wallpaper. I've sized the pics as they suggest, 800X378 etc and the USB drive is seen with the files but when I select one I get an error saying the files are not the correct format.
Downsize your picture by a few pixels. That should do the trick. There was a thread or two on this within the last few days. They mentioned there some specific sizes that work. or you could just do a little experimentation.

pic size

I don't think that's it. The files aren't even 100 KB. Was there any other causes?

By the way, I got a reply from Ford Sync to this issue. Their response, and I quote: "It seems like your doing everything right"

That's it! No suggestions or not even an " I'm sorry"

Thanks

I don't think that's it. The files aren't even 100 KB. Was there any other causes?

By the way, I got a reply from Ford Sync to this issue. Their response, and I quote: "It seems like your doing everything right"

That's it! No suggestions or not even an " I'm sorry"

Thanks
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I was referring to resolution, not file size. People having this trouble have reported success by reducing the resolution of their pictures. I believe the resolution that worked was on the order of 800x350, although I suggested you search for the appropriate thread for exact number quoted that worked since my memory is fuzzy. Maybe one of those folks who got it to work can comment.

res

I have the pics at 800x378 which is what the manual recommends. So, it must be something else. I should try some different ones though.

thanks

Hey JD, as Gandalf mentioned (and in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313277) you should downsize your image to 800 x 350 or so. While the manual DOES indicate 800x378 should work, it doesn't, but you should find that the smaller size will work, as others of us with the same problem resized and had it work.

EDIT: As a side note, according to Cory this was an issue introduced in Sync 2.7. 2.4 it should work OK

That worked. However...

Thanks, resized to 800X350 and it uploaded the Pic. It displays if I select it but I can't seem to get it set as the default. When starting up it still shows the Ford Logo. It lists both pics but the blue oval is the defaut and can't see a way to change the default.

More suggestions welcomed. Thanks

It doesn't replace the ford logo on startup. You will find it as one of your three choices as your home screen.

When does the wallpaper show up anyway? My screen is always in use, so when would you want wallpaper?

It's one of the three screens available for your home screen. I wish you also had the ability to put a picture behind the other two.

Back