• Register Today It's free!

SYNC can't "hear me"

FoodDr

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I have a 2011 Explorer Limited with sync 3.5.1. Periodically Sync won't respond to commands. It shows the ear icon waiting for my command. However, it can't "hear" any of my commands. I then need to system reset and it works for a while before the same problem occurs. This has been going on for months.

When I asked my dealer about it he said I should upgrade to 3.5.1. I did this a while ago and it hasn't solved the problem. I once thought it was related to bluetooth pairing of my Iphone since the problem started about the same time I upgraded ios on the phone. I'm now thinking it was a coicidence because the last time I did a reset I did not pair my phone. The same problem with Sync occurred. I don't know how long the interval is between the reset and the lack of response and if it is a consistent interval. Since the problem started occurring I use voice commands more and more infrequently. I do know that on one occasion the problem occurred within a couple of days and that on another it was still working after a week.

Anyone else having this problem? Any advice to give my dealer would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have the same problem sometimes on my 2013 limited...

I had rhe same issue..then I did a master reset and it went away...

I had rhe same issue..then I did a master reset and it went away...

I've reset it at least half a dozen times. It works for a while and then stops responding. I'm getting tired of doing resets and hen having to renter my customized settings. Rebecca do you have any insight here?

I've reset it at least half a dozen times. It works for a while and then stops responding. I'm getting tired of doing resets and hen having to renter my customized settings. Rebecca do you have any insight here?
My APIM is being replaced next week

I am experinting the same problem since this latest update .I do the master reset but after a short time the system is on mute again.
Any other advise beside dealer or master reset?
Tx

Back