Sync - Quick Dial | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync - Quick Dial

lethalox

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
As anyone experience an issue similar to this:

My friend borrowed my 2014 Explorer and connected his phone. We turned off phonebook replication. I reconnected my phone, and the phonebook was missing. I downloaded the phone and all the entries re-appear. The problem is that Quick Dial is messing from the panel to the right of the speedometer, controllable from the steering wheel. All the QuickDial entries appear on the center screen when you go to the phone and the options.

Any suggestion on how to fix this without doing a master reset? Not that I am opposed to doing a master reset. I just wanted to see if there was another way of solving this problem.

Cheers,
Alex

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try this b4 any reset;

unpair your phone from MFT,
delete Sync from your phone.
Then pair your phone fresh.
Leave MFT alone and let it download the phone book once.
Then turn off phone book sync.
Check your QDial.

Hi Alex,

I just want to make sure I fully understand what's happening. Since you got your Explorer back, the quick dials are no longer showing on the little screen in the dash, right? Does the option come up at all, and if you choose a quick dial from the MFT screen, does it call that person?

Rebecca

Try this b4 any reset;

unpair your phone from MFT,
delete Sync from your phone.
Then pair your phone fresh.
Leave MFT alone and let it download the phone book once.
Then turn off phone book sync.
Check your QDial.

I'd add deleting your friends phone from SYNC to the list as well.

Update.

Rebecca,

You are correct. They don't show on the little screen in the dash to the right of the Speedometer. The show in the center console only. From the center console, it will dial the person/number.

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I just want to make sure I fully understand what's happening. Since you got your Explorer back, the quick dials are no longer showing on the little screen in the dash, right? Does the option come up at all, and if you choose a quick dial from the MFT screen, does it call that person?

Rebecca

Back