Sync Text Message Setting - How to Turn Off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Text Message Setting - How to Turn Off

Mr. B

Reaction score
City, State
Rockford, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Just picked up my 2015 Explorer Sport. I love it. The only thing I don't love is that it announces my text messages. I have a Nokia Lumina Windows phone. Is there any way to turn off that setting in Sync? I can't find anything. I've hit Do Not Disturb and it still announces texts. I've turned off text alerts on my phone too, still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just picked up my 2015 Explorer Sport. I love it. The only thing I don't love is that it announces my text messages. I have a Nokia Lumina Windows phone. Is there any way to turn off that setting in Sync? I can't find anything. I've hit Do Not Disturb and it still announces texts. I've turned off text alerts on my phone too, still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe you would need to change the setting on your lumia... I can't remember on windows phone, but it was something like
settings -> speech, then turn off the read text messages aloud.

I found that setting on the phone and turned it off. I'll check it in the Sport later. Thanks for the help!

Yep, it did. Thank you 13Sport.

Back