Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync V3.0 to V3.4 Upgrade

Updated to 237, was hoping my Sirius icons would come back, guess they are gone forever. Bummer. Seems to run ok, not noticing any issues.
I’m aggravated for you....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, 1 yr left on my lease, so, problem gone in 12 months :D
Perhaps, but it may have to be fixed before the dealer will take it back.

Peter

Perhaps, but it may have to be fixed before the dealer will take it back.

Peter
Ill just flash back to 3.3. They wont even notice. Especially when I'm leasing another for 3 yrs. They just take it in, send it to auction. Im also sure they have the equipment to flash it 100% back stock if wanted/noticed.

Updating to 20237 now.

I just made a new usb with the 2 files. Took maybe 15 minutes.

I do like the changes. Hopefully more are coming.
what are the changes?

I may be wrong but I believe that 20136 is the latest 'officially' released update.

Peter
can the update to version 3.4 be done via wifi…..automatically?

can the update to version 3.4 be done via wifi…..automatically?
I don't believe so. Version 3.4 was released for the 2020 vehicles which just recently received the ability to get over the air updates. I'm not sure if the 5th gen Explorers are able to as well.

Peter

Ill just flash back to 3.3. They wont even notice. Especially when I'm leasing another for 3 yrs. They just take it in, send it to auction. Im also sure they have the equipment to flash it 100% back stock if wanted/noticed.
No a dealer can't revert it back to 3.0

CyanLabs is pushing out a re-formatting tool that allows 3.2+ to be installed on what should be 3.0 only APIMS. That tool was leaked from within Ford and was an engineering tool only. It's not supposed to be out in the wild which is why Ford blacklisted in a certain version of 3.4 and beyond. I would suspect if another release of 3.0 comes out they will do the same.

This and other changes made with unauthorized softwares like Forscan can cause issues for dealers and future owners. One example is a customer I had that needed an APIM replaced due to theirs being bad. They purchased the vehicle, a 17 F150 used and found out the APIM was bad after taking it to a dealer. They were having BT disconnects, slow/non-existent GPS response etc. As part of the trouble shooting the dealer updated the APIM to 3.0 as instructed per Fords. Well it appeared to make the APIM even worse and would fail to boot at times and only show a partial screen. When I programmed the replacement on the bench, same behavior as far as showing a partial screen. Here the previous owner had set the GT theme which that data does get uploaded to the Ford servers and so now anytime dealer programming was used it would pull that GT setting as well and a perfectly good APIM would now appear to be bad because software version 3.0 doesn't support the GT theme. I had to put the setting back to what it should have been and then make sure that the Ford server updated the change after the APIM was programmed.

If you make changes to your vehicle and don't keep it till it dies, you should change only things that can be reverted back and revert them back when trading in/turning in a vehicle so these sorts of headaches for future owners don't exist. Unfortunately most will just say thats the next owner's problem.

Unfortunately most will just say thats the next owner's problem.
Unfortunately it is, but i guess it wont be when that tool comes out.

I upgraded to 3.4 and i like it but noticed that the mode selection for the rear vents are missing.

Just curious if you have the 'Climate' screen on the display.

Peter

I’ll look at mine but I’m pretty sure I have it.

What version of 3.4 do you have?

I’ll look at mine but I’m pretty sure I have it.

What version of 3.4 do you have?
I'll have to check but there were posts on the 6th gen Forum that the Climate screen is no longer there.
UPDATE: My AViator has V3.4 build 20136.

Peter

I have the climate screen for sure.

I'll have to check but there were posts on the 6th gen Forum that the Climate screen is no longer there.

Peter

I think that's unique to the large portrait display.

I upgraded to 3.4 and i like it but noticed that the mode selection for the rear vents are missing.

I can confirm that I have the climate screen and the rear mode selection on my 18. SYNC 3.4 20237.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can confirm that I have the climate screen and the rear mode selection on my 18. SYNC 3.4 20
I will have to play around with the updater and see if i messed up on something
Just curious if you have the 'Climate' screen on the display.

Peter
i do.

Back