Tailgating Setup?

NCSUDockhand

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT 4X4
OK, I'm looking for suggestions.

It's almost football season and our buddy who brought his generator and entertainment center out to tailgate last season has graduated, so I'm looking for a way to wire up a speaker set-up for our party.

My ideal setup would be to figure out a way to install a plug somewhere in the cargo area that I could plug a single or pair of home (8 ohm) speakers (because it is possible to buy three-way floor speakers that already have sub, mid, and tweeter with crossover) into and run them outside the car using my in-dash CD deck. As of yet, I have not purchased anything so I am completely open to suggestions. My only requirement is that it is as cheap as possible. I would also hope I can keep my factory deck if at all possible.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how or if this can be done? Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't recommend it. First off your deck doesn't have near the power to push something like that, espically at the standard home audio 6-ohm to 8-ohm range. You could rig up an external amplifier to handle it, but it will require a power system upgrade (battery(s) in this case) for extended engine-off playtime.

You'd be better off bringing a generator and home or portable system or building a quality car audio setup.

Thanks SirG. After a week or two of thinking, I came to the same conclusion. Instead, I have installed the wiring for a power inverter in the trunk. I'll just run the engine when the battery starts getting weak.

I don't think a power inverter can handle the use of a TV and home theater system.

i hooked up my buddies dad's two carvin concert speakers (basically a horn and a 15" woofer) up to my sub amp (it's a stereo amp) and filled a park with music for an evening, pretty sweet ass setup. and we used stuff we had sitting around.

Back