City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
TDS this year is Feb 28th-Mar 2nd. I should be able to get out by then:D

So who else is going for this crazy weekend?:p:

IZWACKerater the editerater image includer-er
attachment.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TDS Campsite directions

Here's the directions copied and pasted from BKennedy's post:

Cahuilla Trail is a gravel road that heads north from SR-78.

If you are traveling westbound on SR-78 from SR-86, its approximately ten miles west of SR-86 near mile marker 3.0 (the call box numbers are mile post markers) and on your right.

If you are traveling eastbound on SR-78, approximately five miles past Ocotillo Wells (Split Mountain Road) and 1/2 mile east of the Blue-In Park (small building on the right, just past a concrete bridge), and on your left.

Trail is clearly marked with a brown sign "Cahuilla Trail". Roadway is dark gravel for first 1/2 mile or so, then turns into plain old dirt.

Head up road 2.8 miles and camp on the flat on either side of the roadway. Its slow going for RV's due to it being a little bumpy, but a nice hard surface. If you get to Gas Dome Trail you went too far (but not by much). If you have a Ocotillo OHV park map, the trail is listed on there.

is it? from what the registration form says it going to be at Octillo Wells

and there hoping for a return to Truckhaven in 2009

:dunno:

I'm only going by what i've read in the CORVA newsletters...maybe it's not set in stone though. I know the CORVA Truckhaven Challenge in Jan. has again been moved to Ocotillo. Things are always subject to change these days:(

I think i'll go to those just to shoot pictures

oh silly colin....

I will be there but might bring my quad instead of the Explorer.

I got my registration packet for TDS today and cybergasm called it...the event will be at Ocotillo Wells again for this year. $50 if you pre-register and $60 to register at the event which gets you a raffle ticket (lots of great prizes) a bumper sticker and a dash plaque (it's just a small sticker:rolleyes:). You will also be able to go on the organized runs if you chose to do so, but we never do since there are to many rigs.

So TDS, is what exactly, a giant offroad event that you have to pay to attend? Sorry if it seems like i'm underestimating the glory of TDS, just want to know what it entails.

Sounds like a good ol' time.

I'm in!:thumbsup: I think the CORVA newsletter says its going to be at the Ocotillo OHV area, which the north boundry is across S-22 from Truckhaven. Right below where we are camping this coming weekend. Oh, nevermind, I just saw the above thread, which puts the event at Ocotillo Wells. We could camp in the
state park off of S-2, between SR-78 and I-8. There is a spot over there that is nice and quiet, but not much wheelin to be had. Jusf a few miles to the Pinyon Mountain trail, and the Diablo dropp off is about the same, then down sand canyon to Ocotillo Wells.

I'm signed up, just not 100% sure I'm going to make it. :(

I plan on signing up for this too :D

I will be there... Just sucks it is at ocotillo again.... If anyone sees me stop me and say whats up. Even if its someone I havent met yet!

My fenders are black right now since I trimmed them. So keep a look out! Hope to see some of you out there!

Attachments

• thats stuffed.JPG
    thats stuffed.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 307
  • Drivers side front. fenders trimmed big picture.JPG
    Drivers side front. fenders trimmed big picture.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 317

Subscribed, I wont make it but my brother probably will.

Where are we going to camp? I was thinking of a spot off of S-22, on the Ocotillo OHV area side. Its a graded dirt road known as Hot Springs Rd. I see RV's out there and it goes pretty far out into the plain below where we usually camp. Then we could mess around on some new hills for a night run, and would not be too far from the TDS sight, without being in the all the mess. Its near the north end of the Cross Over Trail, Pumpkin Patch Trail, etc.
Hot_Springs_Rd_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds fine by me Brian...as long as we dont have rino's or other atv's ripping through our camp.

Back