Who's more Annoying Drivers:Teens or Old People

• Teenagers

Votes: 75 29.6%
  • Old People

Votes: 178 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Digger196 said:
I'm a teen and i voted for old people. I know most of us teens speed but so do adults. The old ppl can have a hard time seeing and just don't need to be driving. There reaction time has slowed to no end and is just dangerous for themselfs and for others. Plus most of the old people around this area drive land yatchs (lincons, large ford crown vics). It's just plan annoying. The teens might be wilder but at least for he most part are attenative to what's around them and the reaction time is faster than older people.

uhh but some old people are still good drivers... I think we just need to test old people at certain age intervals... most old people who can drive agree with me...

and lad yaghts are cool!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BTW by old i mean 80-100 yr's

I mean 50- infinity

I especially hate when people tail me through town where the speed limit is 25 and there usually are cops around. If someone starts riding me when I'm going 5 over. I'll be absolutely sure that I'm going the speed limit or slower until they back off. Even when they don't, when we get off the main strip and onto the big road they just fall behind when I hit it and lose them.

One of my brother's favorite stories was when someone was going like 10 under all the way down the road, then the speed limit lowered to 25 in town and they continued going the same speed (which was like 35), and got pulled over.

I have no problem with people passing me, I just don't want to have to speed up to move out of their way and get pulled over myself. I try to be courteous to drivers, but we can't be perfect all the time.

Not everyone is as great of a driver as you think you are, so that's why some people drive under the speed limit. To them it would be as if every day had snowy roads.

i voted old people cause ive been driving with my friends in my moms Volvo and ive been hit by an old woman how ran the hell outta her stop sign and then tried to blame it on me cause i was 18 an she was 65 :fire: and then the other day some old woman stops dead at a GREEN light and i almost slammed the hell outta her! and then she stops dead again in the middle of the damn road cause she wanted to get in the turn lane but couldnt figure out where it was. then there are the old folks that drive like 20 MPH under the speed limit and are hitting their brakes every 2 secs cause they dont know where they are goin!!!

oh and i will admit that teens are bad at driving too, expecially girls and ricers. i have been picking my girl up from her high school and been cut off numerous times by kids leaving the parking lot and also just driving down the road cause you can tell by the parking tag where they are from. and most of em are kids from that school. ricers are horrible cause they think they can drive fast and the furious with no ill affects, its effin awesome!!

Digger196 said:
I'm a teen and i voted for old people. I know most of us teens speed but so do adults. The old ppl can have a hard time seeing and just don't need to be driving. There reaction time has slowed to no end and is just dangerous for themselfs and for others. Plus most of the old people around this area drive land yatchs (lincons, large ford crown vics). It's just plan annoying. The teens might be wilder but at least for he most part are attenative to what's around them and the reaction time is faster than older people.

True, Teenagers may have quicker reaction time, but they still dont know what to do when they have to react. There is NO substitute for experience, when you drive for 20 years everything becomes second nature and you dont have to think about what to do. I am young and I can remember thinking I was a great driver becuase I would powerslide my Jeep around a corner and not flip, well that does not mean **** on the road, being able to react to situations is what makes a good driver actually a good driver.

I voted old people. You can honk, bright light them and gesture to them and they still won't get out of the way. Teenagers react by going faster when I harass them. This is always very entertaining because most of them don't have enough experience behind the wheel to just pull over! They'd rather take chances!

old people are definitely more annoying but both are pretty dangerous, only old people dont know it

old people. when im behind them following a little closely, i watch them look in their rear view mirror every 3 seconds, thus slowing down and not paying attention to whats in front of them. a lot of the time if they see me speeding, they cut in front of me (on the highway) to "teach me a lesson" well, eph that.

Be careful how you define "Old People" ya buncha young punks!! :smoke: Some of us "Old People" have worse lead foots than you teenagers, and a LOT of driving experience to go with it!

BTW, you need to add a category for both, since both can be equally irritating. I lean towards teenagers because they also seem to have major attitude problems and much less respect for others on the road moreso than older people do. If they are sitting in the outside lane and not moving over, they get all bent out of shape if you "Flash to pass" them, where older people are just more likely to move over. In the last 3 days, I have driven over 600 miles, and out of the 10 drivers that did something stupid or pissed me off, 8 of 'em were younger than I am.....

Electrohacker said:
I was taught by two god driving teachers
Your driving instructors drove God around? WOW!!! :smoke:

Where is the option for BOTH?!?!?!

I voted old people, everyone i see is horrible, cept my grandpa, but not alot of old people drive around here.

Teens. Nothing is more annoying then some kid in a fourbanger with fartcans on the back stomping it from light to light. Even worse are teen girls. It's like their brains cannot comprehend the left versus the right pedal. Well, some teen guys are like that, too.

And, even more annoying is the elephantitus that teens have behind the wheel. They must think their kahonies are like grapefruit. I had a kid literally cut in front of me in a line at a Dairy Queen last summer. Some 16 year old in his dad's Cherokee Ltd. After I got the goods for myself and my girl, I nonchalantly approached his window as he sat there and told him that he's lucky he cut me off, as someone with less patience and less care would probably have caused him quite the facial reconstruction surgery bill. He was speechless, and I walked away.

<< an is you wanna go slow i will have to pass your slow azz...take a ride with me..im a darn good driver..ben told so by many older very good driver's and a EX-driving teacher.. >>

But, Ak, nothing is a substitute for experience. When I practiced for my drivers' license 5 years ago, a AAA instructor stopped after I had parallel parked the Explorer and told me what a great job I did. And my father was my instructor, not a formal instructor. When I took my test, I had a 100%, no fouls, penalties, etc. In the words of the guy, "That was the best ride I've had in weeks." (I hope he isn't married...)

But the day I received my license, I wasn't the best driver on the road. Not by far. Doing the simple stuff is easy; experience fills in the important stuff.

Id have to say that is so true, ive taken drivers ed, and practiced anytime i can, but im a lil leadfoot, right now im working on that though, keepin the revs under 3k. Driving standard is fine though, never a lead foot with that. I did the test with my drivers ed teacher (just a practice). Only thing i did wrong was i went too slow, and didnt stop before one sidewalk. Ill remember that though.

Id have to say old people but it would have to be one vehicle id say mini vans i wrote an essay about how much i disliked them im sure i failed that paper but i was tryn to get my point across ha

Good job, i hate minivans, there just horrible IMO.

Ak LTD Xplorer said:
i voted old people..but really it's not just old people it's ANYONE that drives the limit or slower...it's nice it you have all freaking day to get where you wanna go..but i don't..if i wanna do 5-10 over the limit..let me pass(and i will)..nothing i hate more then stupid people doing 5 UNDER the limit..pisses me off to no end

so anyone going slow is the worst kind of driver in my book

EDIT: and if you don't like how i driver..sorry but there's nothign you can do about it..and i have been driving sense may 03 ;)

That's the typical attitude of inexpierenced drivers.

The definition of 'Speed Limit' is the maximum LEGAL speed a vehicle can SAFELY travel any given road at any given time in any given condition.

If you're late, you should have left the house sooner so you don't have to risk the lives of the other people on the road, who planned ahead and gave themselves enough time to get where they are going WITHOUT endangering YOU.

That's NO excuse for being irresponsible behind the wheel of a deadly 5,000lb chunk of metal. :nono:

Ak LTD Xplorer said:
EDIT: and if you don't like how i driver..sorry but there's nothign you can do about it..and i have been driving sense may 03 ;)

Are you kidding? That's one of the reasons I don't like teen drivers... extremely ****y and think they can drive! They don't have any exprience. Heck, I've been driving for oh... 6 something years, I think I'm a fairly good driver... But by no means have I exprienced alot!

Sure, old people drive slow, and tend to hit cars in parking lots and things of that nature, but I'd much rather have them driving slow, in the attempt to be safe than punk kids hauling ass thinking they know what they're doing...

I did it, thought i was great, pulled a few stunts, but looking back aint proid of it, as it was a blatent disregard for my safety and others...

Teen drivers are the worst... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually, I am equally annoyed by both. But what annoys me more are people that do stupid **** when they are behind the wheel. For example:

Tonight I took my youngest to the mall to have her ears pierced a second time. My brother was driving and out of nowhere a white Jeep crosses the lane without signaling 4 feet in front of my brother's Explorer, my brother literally had to jam on his brakes so he wouldn't hit him, then the Jeep proceeds to cross the lane again right in front of a tractor-trailer rig. Luckily for the driver of that Jeep he was just far enough that the rig would not have hit the Jeep. I have seen drivers cut off tractor-trailers a lot closer than that. Don't some people realize that those rigs DON'T stop on a dime? :fire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Old people just plain scare me.
I've seen one try to drive his car into a garage to get his tires inspected and he rammed into the back wall and almost ran over the mechanic. Then he opened the door and said, "my foot slipped off the brake". BS, he practically floored it into that wall.
Then another time I saw an old person coming up to a red light... he didn't slow down and plowed into the back of a pickup.

Then there's the whole other issue of some old people just don't respect younger people.

Back